Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building a DLL from source files

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
643 Views, 3 Replies

Building a DLL from source files

The default software code written to convert "Fixture Units (FU)" to "Flow (GPM)" via Hunter’s Curve does not account for fixture units below 5FU for "Predominantly Flush Valve Supply Systems." It currently assumes 15.0 GPM for anything  ≤5FU for “Predominantly Flush Valve Supply Systems” and assumes 3.0 GPM for anything  ≤1FU for “Predominantly Flush Tank Supply Systems.” I would like to add a few more fixture unit-to-flow conversions to the code so that the Duct/Pipe Calculator sizes pipe appropriately for small fixture unit applications. Using the edited source code, a new DLL file, incorporating those changes, would need to be built and put in the AddIns folder for Revit to call from.

My question: how is the source code compiled and built into a DLL for Revit to use through the external AddIns folder assuming I have the source code prepared?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
augusto.goncalves
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

It seems that you want to create a plugin from a existing code, is that correct? To do so, you need to create a project with Visual Studio, add the references and then compile. At this website, http://www.autodesk.com/developrevit you can get information on this, more specificaly this video http://download.autodesk.com/media/adn/Revit_2011_2012_DevTV_EN.zip will give you the first steps.

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: augusto.goncalves

Thank you for the response. I have built the .dll files and installed the .addin file in the "Addins" folder along side the default "MEPCalculation" folder.

I now recieve the error messages below when starting RevitMEP2014:

3.JPG

4.JPG

Message 4 of 4
arnostlobel
in reply to: Anonymous

I have given some comments to the problems mentioned here in another thread (User MEP Calculation Addin).

Arnošt Löbel
Sr. Principal Engineer
Autodesk, Revit R&D
Arnošt Löbel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community