Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatized export of IFC & ODBC

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jankoezb
410 Views, 4 Replies

Automatized export of IFC & ODBC

Hi,

I'm relatively new to Autodesk Revit API, I'm investigating its capabilities, and I have a question regarding automation certain processes in Revit. For example, is there a way to automatically invoke the Export to IFC command or the Export to ODBC command, through the API? Is there a way to invoke any command programmatically using the API?

Thanks & Best Regards,
Janko Jerinic,
Lead Developer, Building Explorer LLC
www.buildingexplorer.com
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jankoezb

I think there is no this way you described (what's an easy & convenient way :- ), we have do something for API :(. In SDK 2009 (not released yet), there'll be sample named RDBLink, which will demo how to export Revit model data to access or SQL database via .Net ODBC classes, etc.
Hope future API can provide us with more easy useable interfaces, such as export, import...
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

jimjia wrote:
> I think there is no this way you described (what's an easy & convenient way :- ), we have do something for API :(. In SDK 2009 (not released yet), there'll be sample named RDBLink, which will demo how to export Revit model data to access or SQL database via .Net ODBC classes, etc.
> Hope future API can provide us with more easy useable interfaces, such as export, import...

WOW!!!! I'm an ADN member and have seen no mention of SDK 2009 let alone the
name of the sample command. At the very least you seem to be breaking the NDA....

I've seen a few posts from Janet and now jimjia that suggests they have access
to considerably more information earlier than what appears to be available via
ADN. As well as being able to talk about it publicly.

Can someone explain what's going on, or tell me where I can get this info on the
ADN website?

Guy
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

hi Guy,
I'm very sorry I brought unbelievable & incorrect information to you, I remembered I got this infor when sailing about in community or ADN website, but I couldn't find this and forgot where I got this now; please ignore my reply. Sorry for this.
Message 5 of 5
Shifali Arora

Hi,
I'm also new to revit api, i also have query regarding export. how can we export .rvt files to .dwf files in revit api?

Thanks & Regards
Shifali Arora

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community