Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Exchange App - Testing an app

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
TeunHam
507 Views, 5 Replies

Autodesk Exchange App - Testing an app

We are in the process in publishing a Revit Exchange App (http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/RVT/en/Home/Index), but some "details" in the submission process are unclear to me.

The biggest "issue" is the "App File". It's totally unclear to me which files I need to submit. I have a Visual Studio project with multiple resources (images, some are embedded, others are linked), and the Addin Manifest. Which files from the Visual Studio project do I need to include in the ZIP file? As I didn't have any clue, I just zipped my complete project, added the manifest and used that as the App File.

Also, after step 2 of 2, you are presented with three buttons "Submit", "Delete the app" and "Add new OS/language version". It's unclear that the "Submit" button is actually a "Submit app for review" button. The desciption is unclear (at least, to me).

I also hoped that the approval/submission time will not last 2 weeks, as this first version is nothing more than a POC (proof of concept), where I need to check if the code I wrote (which copies a Revit Family into a project and creates a new Family Instance on-the-fly) is actualy working (I can't check that part myself as I don't know where Revit will store my Revit Families when installing the addin. Documentation states that it should be "%PUBLIC%\Documents\Autodesk\Downloaded Content" (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=20143032)

Now I have to wait untill someone at Autodesk will test my app and informs me if I need to supply additional information. Is there any to speed this process up?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
augusto.goncalves
in reply to: TeunHam

Hi,

You should submit the DLL, the ADDIN and any other file required to run it, like images and help file. The VS project and source is not required.

At the end, you do need to 'Submit', that way we'll start the process. If this is POC, I would not recommend you submit, but send us a support request to clear your questions first.

The plugin will be installed under "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\YourAppName.bundle\", with subfolders. If you need different permissions, you can also consider under AppData, although not recommended. Other Revit libraries are according to the user or at the default location.

Hope this clarifies.

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 3 of 6
TeunHam
in reply to: augusto.goncalves

Thanks for the response Augusto,

Let me first respond to the required files to submit:

DLL, check.

Images (or other resources), check.

Helpfile, check.

But what exactly do you mean with "ADDIN"? Which files make up the "ADDIN"?

-My .dll.config? The xml-file? My other language dependant resources.dll's?

Does Autodesk have a preferred folderstructure? Do you want us to keep all images in a subfolder called "Resources"?

"Other Revit libraries are according to the user or at the default location."

Ok, so how does my addin know where to find our Revit Families? I can find the default location(s), but do I need to scan the entire harddrive of a user to find the location of the Revit Families if the user decided to install them differently from the default location? What if the user decided to install the libraries on their network?

Message 4 of 6
augusto.goncalves

About ADDIN, I meant the .addin file required to load Revit apps

Now the libraries, try with Application.GetLibraryPaths()

The folder structure is up to you, but start with a .bundle folder with PackageContents.xml and a subfolder Contents with Resource and Win32 and Win64... just a suggestion....

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 5 of 6
reviewlancer

Would you like to get Real mobile reviews and rating for your app for Free from app review exchange Service? for more info check out here Reviewlancer.com/

We will help you to rank your app on the top of Google and Apple with 7 to 10 days.
Message 6 of 6
theshoaib.mughal

How long does exactly autodesk take to review the submitted app? I submitted my app 3 days ago and on the Publisher Guide it says someone will reach back to me within 24 hours and no one has. So you guys seems to have experience in this so could you please tell me how long should I wait before I write to them?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community