Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach DWG File Has Opening Issues

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
310 Views, 3 Replies

Attach DWG File Has Opening Issues

Using Revit 2008 educational version. Trying to attach site .dwg from autocad 2010 into revit 2008. Here's what follows, see attach jpeg. What would be the solution to resove this
problem?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Proxy graphics means object created in autocad by some program not autocad. Object enablers handle those. Turning the proxy graphics setting to 1 (show proxy graphics) make sure that what you see is what you get. If you explode the objects in autocad you get dumb objects such as simple lines, arcs, circles... That way Revit can handle the basic object instead of the wrapped like mad custom object most likely created in object arx.

jvj
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I did explode before I sent the first message and that the jpegs you see attached. I still got these same alerts. I did this before I scaled it up. Where abouts is the proxy graphics settings located in windows 7? Is that under settings? I'm in a revit class at college where there's about 15 students and mine is the only one that did not work. I tried another computer in class and the same thing happened. Any other solutions?
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Probably a little late, but don't forget my favorite AutoCAD command "_AECEXPORTTOAUTOCAD". The help file for the 3 main autocad object enablers (Architectural, Mechanical, Civil) explain that this command will strip out ALL proxy information and effectively dumb down the graphics to just graphics that work with plain jain autocad, and create a new file. That file will most likely import into Revit just fine.

jvj

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community