Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Area Schedule Grand Total from linked Revit file

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
nmiller
969 Views, 3 Replies

Area Schedule Grand Total from linked Revit file

Hi,

I have encountered problems getting the areas in a schedule to total up from a linked Revit file.  I have two buildings which are in separate Revit files.  I want to link one into the other and create an area schedule which shows all the areas totaled. When I do, the individual areas show but they aren't totaled at the bottom of the schedule as they normally would.

I found some information in the Revit API documentation that may point to the issue.  From the portions below it would appear that the areas from the linked file do not have totals enabled. If that actually is the case is there a way to alter that? Would anyone be able to confirm this?

ScheduleDefinition.ShowGrandTotal Property
The grand total row displays totals of each field for which totals are enabled.

ScheduleField.CanTotal
True if this field can be totaled, false otherwise.

Regards,

Nuri

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
saikat
in reply to: nmiller

Hi Nuri

Before I ask around, can you please check and confirm if the same schedule when created using the Revit User Interface provide you with the Grand Total you are looking for (that is by adding areas from the Linked Files).

I look forward to hearing from you on if Revit UI supports what you are looking to achieve.

thanks

Saikat Bhattacharya
Senior Manager - Technology Consulting
Message 3 of 4
nmiller

Hi, The initial request came from a client. After reproducing information and trying a couple options I was able to finally get the totals for linked areas to appear properly. I appreciate your quick response. You can close out my request. Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
saikat

Hi Nuri

Glad to know that you were able to resolve your query on your own. When you get a chance, can you please share the solution you found to resolve your query. Since this is a open community for Revit API users, it might help others to share the solution as well.

BTW, since this is a discussion forum, we cannot close this post.

thanks for letting us know about the query updates.

cheers

Saikat Bhattacharya
Senior Manager - Technology Consulting

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community