Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-ins for Revit LT

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
azuev
8099 Views, 9 Replies

Add-ins for Revit LT

Hello,

Is it possible to create add-in for Revit LT? Standard Revit way doesn't seem to work...

Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
arnostlobel
in reply to: azuev

No, Revit LT does not support 3rd party add-ins.

Arnošt Löbel

Autodesk Revit R&D

Arnošt Löbel
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: arnostlobel

Can I place a request/suggestion that they start to offer this functionality?  Comparable programs offer it, I don't see a reason why not...

Message 4 of 10
francesh
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, Definitely Revit LT needs the Framing add-in at least. Too much disabling of tools makes it impossible to utilize.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

I think it is absolutely disgusting that Autodesk does not allow add-ins to work for the LT licenses.  So aggravating.  I need an .STL exporter and simply because they won't add the functionality to base Revit I cannot use it because it is an "add-in"?  Terrible. 

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

6 Years later the first post here, Autodesk still does not allow Add-ins in Revit LT.

It is a basic function which is badly missing, so frustrating!

Why?

Message 7 of 10
heather
in reply to: Anonymous

Almost 2 years later and STILL no plugin capability.  Doesn't look like they will ever.  

Message 8 of 10
rwiancko
in reply to: heather

3 yrs later....no API for Revit LT...discusdipating

Message 9 of 10
jeremy_tammik
in reply to: rwiancko

Very sorry to hear that you are discusdipated. That sounds very unpleasant. However, I hope that you are aware that the lack of API support in Revit LT (and in all LT products, afaik) is intentional.

Jeremy Tammik, Developer Advocacy and Support, The Building Coder, Autodesk Developer Network, ADN Open
Message 10 of 10
rwiancko
in reply to: jeremy_tammik

Yeah, I figured. There are just a couple small addins that I use which are very useful like colored tabs from pyrevit that just make life easier. Too bad. Oh well. I don't have to use LT much at the moment though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community