Revit API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D aspects of Gridlines

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
IAN~JAMES
686 Views, 2 Replies

2D aspects of Gridlines

I want to try and write a quick little add-in that will allow me to select a whole row of grids and flip the bubble to the other end of the gridline in the view.

I can access the GRID_BUBBLE_END_1 and GRID_BUBBLE_END_2 parameters but these are related to the Grid Type default settings and not the view specific 2D elements.

I have found myself having to do this manually many times, so as I learn the Revit API I thought that this would be a nice easy exercise to get me going.

I guess if this also falls into the same category of accessing the Elbow control, its handle element and the 2D extents

Grid2D.PNG

I have tried using the SNOOP tool on both the grid and the active view but can't find anything... surely this must be accessible via the API...???

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Ian

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Joe.Ye
in reply to: IAN~JAMES

Hello,

Currently Revit didn't expose the API to control the visibility of the bubble for a grid instance. This is a known API request.

The workaround might be you create a new grid type, and let the grid type show the bubble in the other end.

Joe Ye
Contractor
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 3 of 3
IAN~JAMES
in reply to: Joe.Ye

Thanks for the reply Joe...

Hopefully this will emerge in a new version soon...?

I'm not sure I'm keen on the idea of changing a grid type to fix the grids in just one view. This could potentially be screwing up other views in the process, but thanks for the suggestion :))

Kind Regards

Ian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Rail Community