Rendering Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Rendering Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Rendering topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Cloud Rendering Custom Materials

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
schmiedm
1071 Views, 4 Replies

Revit Cloud Rendering Custom Materials

Our office is really trying to utilize Cloud Rendering to expand our use of Revit for rendering. However, we seem to run into problems with custom materials, in particular glass, which does not match our Revit desktop renderings. The biggest deal-breaker is the lack of reflectivity in the glass. The site material is also different. 

This seems to be the case with everyone I have asked that is doing exterior building renderings in the cloud. 

You can see the difference between the Cloud and Desktop rendering in the image below. They are not even close... (The desktop version is how the building should look) 

Can you tell me how we can resolve this so we can continue using cloud rendering? 

Thank You 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
SallyDong2005
in reply to: schmiedm

Hello, Thanks for using cloud rendering. We have an limitation that the selectivity expertise don't work for glazing and solid glass. We already aware this is a significant issue for customers so we are trying to fix it. Is it possible for you to share your revit model with us for testing? If you'd like to you could upload it to Autodesk 360 and then share it to yuejuan.dong@autodesk.com, please give me the download access. Thanks,

Thanks,
Sally Dong
Message 3 of 5
Ben_Regnier
in reply to: schmiedm

Know this is an old issue but I came across the same problem and determined a solution. The problem is with Revit's "Glazing" materials (eg the appearances that just let you set color/reflectivity/number of panes). If you create a new appearance based on a generic material (instead of a glazing material) and then give it transparency and reflectivity settings based upon the glass spec than you can tune your results to be closer to the actual glass appearance.

Message 4 of 5
vheckelman
in reply to: SallyDong2005

I understand that this issue may have been taking care of in the past for its been almost 4years but I'm running into a similar problem.

@SallyDong2005wrote:
Hello, Thanks for using cloud rendering. We have an limitation that the selectivity expertise don't work for glazing and solid glass. We already aware this is a significant issue for customers so we are trying to fix it. Is it possible for you to share your revit model with us for testing? If you'd like to you could upload it to Autodesk 360 and then share it to yuejuan.dong@autodesk.com, please give me the download access. Thanks,

Message 5 of 5
SallyDong2005
in reply to: vheckelman

Hi @vheckelman,

We are working on a new render engine, we hope this issue could be resolved in the new render engine. Please stay tuned.

Thanks,
Sally Dong

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report