Community
Remote Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Remote Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Remote topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I get the remote program download

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
tthomason
1872 Views, 7 Replies

how can I get the remote program download

Every time I hit the link from my email it has me logon but it never goes to the remote down load. Usual stupidity of autodesk.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: tthomason

So you are having a subscription site problem? it's the only way to get the app: try logging into subscription manually first and skipping your 'email' link.
Message 3 of 8
tthomason

The problem is the website. I logged in thru subscription and still it would never take me to my download. Finally had to contact my reseller and he sent me a link. As usual a really bad website from autodesk. You would think that by now they would know how to make a good website. It's only good if you want to buy something, need support or anything else good luck you're on your own.

Message 4 of 8
pendean

It's good to blow off steam 🙂
Message 5 of 8
tthomason
in reply to: pendean

Agreed. I get grouchy in my old age. It took almost 30 minutes to get the file. Actually seems to work semi ok. I'm taking a trip in a week and need to have access to my computer and files from the office. Tried it out and found out I will need someone in the office to standby my office computer. Whenever I connect with the "Remote" it puts my office computer in the login screen and you have to re-log in and then it works and it seems to work well.

Still the Autodesk websites do drive me nuts. Seems 9 times out of 10 the site or sites make things more difficult than they should be. I'm just an old timer and like things to run fast and let me get what I'm there for and get out.

Message 6 of 8
ukdxb012

Hi,

I actually found the Installer fairly easy to locate...

Go to the Autodesk Exchange Apps wesbite, http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/en

Select a Store, e.g. Autodesk Inventor http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/INVNTOR/en/Home/Index

Search for Autodesk Remote or select the icon on the Featured apps, http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/INVNTOR/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3aautode...

Sign in with your Autodesk ID and you should see a "FREE" button to download 🙂

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 7 of 8
dimitroff
in reply to: ukdxb012

I think the issue here is, it is not clear that you have to sign in - again. I sigend into the subscription serivce but it did not carry over to this site. You have to sign in again.

Message 8 of 8
tthomason
in reply to: dimitroff

Just to let you know. At the time I signed in for multiple attempts at getting to the file to download. Each attempt was unsuccessful. My solution was to contact my provider and they were able to get me a link that allowed me to download the file. I see above that many were trying to be helpful but I'm not a novice in regards to autodesk. My main problem was, and is, that the website should have been much easier to use and not required me to go to my software provider for help. Autodesk needs to fix these types of problems and that is why I gave them a hard time about it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report