Community
Remote Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Remote Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Remote topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to Autodesk Remote

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
bradnee
2594 Views, 26 Replies

Welcome to Autodesk Remote

Hi! Thanks for your interest in Autodesk Remote.

Autodesk Remote is a stand-alone application for Microsoft Window 7 and 8 and it is compatible with all Autodesk products. It lets you drive Autodesk software installed on your primary computer from a remote computer or iPad for fast access to native design data over standard networks. To use it, simply install Autodesk Remote on the PC you want to share. Install it again on the machine you want to connect from and start your connection. Autodesk Inventor currently works in North-America only and is available on the Autodesk Exchange store.

Autodesk Remote also has a companion application for the iPad that allows you to access your host PC from an iPad. The iPad App is optimized for Autodesk® Inventor® so gestures on the iPad will work as you expect; you can pinch to zoom into a model, for example. Go to the Apple Store to download the iPad App.

Please note that Autodesk Remote requires that you have a Subscription account that is associated with a paid product. Contact your Subscription Administrator if you are unsure.

26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27
chrislee5427
in reply to: mirandatbone

I am also having the same problem as Tony. can't install autodesk remote on my laptop. it stops and disappear when I tried to install.
Can you help me with that , David Dembkoski?
Message 22 of 27
schmiej
in reply to: chrislee5427

This may be related to the installer not being able to install and run the Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable package. You can try to install it yourself then run Autodesk Remote’s installer.

Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable package Download location: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555

Autodesk Remote requires 32-bit (x86) even on 64-bit OS’s.
Message 23 of 27
asburyj
in reply to: chrislee5427

Could you provide some additional information?

·         What OS are you installing on? 

·         Does this crash happen on all systems you install on, or only one?

·         Would you be willing to provide us the installer logs?

Attach the following files found at: %localappdata%\Temp (open file explorer and copy that exact line in, it will take you to the temp folder)

- AdRemote_Installer_Log.txt

- All files starting with osvc_

Jeffry Asbury
Message 24 of 27
chrislee5427
in reply to: asburyj

MY OS: Windows 7 Professional w/ service pack 1.

Autodesk Remote installtaion does not work on this computer only.

See attached installtion log.

Thanks

Message 25 of 27
chrislee5427
in reply to: schmiej

Thanks! schmiej.
Your solution works.
Message 26 of 27
JAAKOBSOLLA4772
in reply to: bradnee

Hi

We´re trying to install Autodesk Remote to one of our desktops and a laptop. Both installations stop at the point when "Cheking connctivity to download server on port 443" and later give "error code: -550" message.

Is there a work around for this problem? We have tried solutions posted on this discussion.

Thanks in advance

Tapani

Message 27 of 27
asburyj
in reply to: JAAKOBSOLLA4772

Sounds like a firewall relates issue. If you have disabled your local firewall it may be a firewall or web proxy on your network blocking the connection. Have you worked with your It group to ensure that port is open?

Jeffry Asbury

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report