Community
Remote Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Remote Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Remote topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error registering host for sharing

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
shanklandcoxauh
422 Views, 1 Reply

Error registering host for sharing

I have recently installed Autodesk Remote and after reviewing the forums have disabled my Anti-virus, enabled a variety of ports and even disabled my firewall. However I still received the following message,

Autodesk remote.JPG

I have also attempted from other machines with the same result. I have asked the IT Dept to open the necessary ports and they have assured me they have (yet to check up on that one).

Any other solutions would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
schmiej
in reply to: shanklandcoxauh

Sorry to see your having issues setting your machine to sharing.  If possible, can you connect your system to another network (home or office) and try setting the sharing?  This will help us identify the source of the issue.

In addition to port and firewall rules companies enable on there network, your company may have packet inspection software running as well.  We have seen this interfere with Autodesk Remote as well.    While investigating the network at your office, you may want to see if you have packet inspection software running as well.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report