Community
Remote Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Remote Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Remote topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete lack of connectivity

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
drhaulsee
385 Views, 1 Reply

Complete lack of connectivity

Seriously.....This is released?

I can occasionally get it to work when I have 2 machines on the same local network.  Forget about using it when I'm out of the office. 

I installed this and tested it on my local network.  It worked after rebooting each machine several times so I went off to  customer meeting.  Complete failure.  Since then I've installed the updates and managed to get it to connect perhaps 1 out of 10 tries on my local network.

I'm using this so I can get to my powerful desktop with a very capable laptop.  I'd consider buying an Ipad if the application would actually work on a repeatable basis.

The troubleshootong help on your website for this is a compkete joke.  The application won't even tell you why it fails to connect.

I'm a consulting engineer aand it would be nice no to have to try to synchronize files on my laptop.  However, I can't rely on this product to actually work when I need it.

Don Haulsee

Claremont, Va

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
schmiej
in reply to: drhaulsee

Don, sorry to hear your having issues with connectivity.   If you can provide some information and log files we can have one of our engineers take a look at the issues.

What OS are you using on the host and client machine?

Is either machine using a wireless network, if so which one?

Are you aware of any firewall or network packet inspecting software running on your network?

Zip the following files found at: %localappdata%\Autodesk\adRemote\v0.2 (open file explorer and copy that exact line in, it will take you to the folder)
  - log.txt
  - log_qos.txt

You can send these files to john.schmier@autodesk.com

Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report