Community
Remote Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Remote Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Remote topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Remote not signing in

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
CADArmor
933 Views, 16 Replies

Autodesk Remote not signing in

Can someone please help? I installed Autodesk Remote and it is not allowing me to sign in. I tried a diffent PC and the same issue. I click on the sign in button and nothing happens. I have an Autodesk subscription.

Man Sad

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
schmiej
in reply to: CADArmor

This can be caused by a couple of issues.   I'll give you a couple of suggestions, but I may need more information as well.

1) Do yo use a sign-in dialog box when you launch autodesk remote?

2) If you do see a login, does it reject your login?  If so, make sure you are using the same account you used for downloading Autodesk Remote.

3) Check the time and date on your PC's.  We use Oauth for signon and if the date/time from the server and pc is a few minutes off this can trigger the signin to fail.

If none of the above help solve the problem please provide more details on how far you get thru the login process.

Thank you.

Message 3 of 17
CADArmor
in reply to: schmiej

Thank you for your reply.

1) Yes. I click the signin button but nothing happens.

2) No it does not reject my logon because nothing happens after I clicked the button.

3) My timezone is set according to (UTC+08:00)

This is the same on the other PC I've tried.

Message 4 of 17
schmiej

Can you send me a contact email address (autodesk.remote.support@autodesk.com). Looks like we will need to go thru some debugging and I would like to put you in touch with one of the developers.

Thank you.
Message 5 of 17
asburyj

What antivirus do you have installed. I have seen a case in the past when Trend Micro was blocking some of the functionality of Autodesk Remote

Jeffry Asbury
Message 6 of 17
CADArmor

Thank you for your email. Yes that is correct I have Trend Micro Security on both my PC's. If this is the issue is there a way around it?

Message 7 of 17
asburyj

Can you try disabling trend Micro on the systems to confirm that it is indeed blocking things? If it works with trend Micro disabled you will need to to make sure that the security features in Trend Micro are not blocking remote or any of it's ports(listed below). You will likely want to contact Trend Micro support but here's an article about "Whitelisting" ports and processes. 

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1059313.aspx

The following ports must not be explicitly blocked on either the local machine or any intervening firewall between the local machine and the internet (for both host and client machines):

8090 - 8300 UDP Used for client to host communications,

7182 UDP

8080 - 8090 TCP (outgoing) 

80, 443 TCP (outgoing) Used for HTTP and HTTPS communications
Ensure the following domains are not blocked for HTTPS:
*.otoy.com
*.webcl.com
*.otoyserver.com

Jeffry Asbury
Message 8 of 17
rheth
in reply to: asburyj

I know how to locate my ports on my internet server.  How do I find the ports blocked on my computer - Windows 7 64?

Message 9 of 17
asburyj
in reply to: rheth

The windows firewall settings are in the windows firewall control panel. If you are using a 3rd party firewall software such as norton internet security  you will want to refer to the documentation they provide. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 10 of 17
sgray

I need help with the exact same problem but we do not use trend micro

Message 11 of 17
CADArmor
in reply to: sgray

I haven't found a solution. I have given up trying. 😞

--
Message protected by MailGuard: e-mail anti-virus, anti-spam and content filtering.
http://www.mailguard.com.au
Message 12 of 17
rheth

Mine happened to be the computer's date and time not being accurate. I have used Google's remote when I have been in a jam.

Message 13 of 17
asburyj

What antivirus/firewall software are you using? Is there any webproxy setup in your environment?

Jeffry Asbury
Message 14 of 17
tech3design

I have the same problem... please help I bought the monthly subscription just to use Remote Access. 

Bam can't log on.jpg

Thank you,
Message 15 of 17
tech3design

Norton 360 is mine

Thank you,
Message 16 of 17
asburyj
in reply to: tech3design

Did you confirm them ports and domains required for Remote are not being blocked by any firewalls or network proxy settings? Have you tried yet testing with the firewall component of Norton 360 disabled? The following ports must not be explicitly blocked on either the local machine or any intervening firewall between the local machine and the internet (for both host and client machines): 8090 - 8300 UDP Used for client to host communications, 7182 UDP 8080 - 8090 TCP (outgoing)  80, 443 TCP (outgoing) Used for HTTP and HTTPS communications Ensure the following domains are not blocked for HTTPS: *.otoy.com *.webcl.com *.otoyserver.com

Jeffry Asbury
Message 17 of 17
tech3design

What is your internet speed, my friend?

Thank you,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report