Community
Remote Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Remote Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Remote topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I access my work computer

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
S.AL-MASHTA
776 Views, 5 Replies

how can I access my work computer

how can I access my work computer (remote is installed) with my windows 8 laptop at home?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
asburyj
in reply to: S.AL-MASHTA

You will want to make sure Autodesk Remote is signed in on both systems and that your work computer has Remote Access set to "on"in the Autodesk Remote windows. After doing this your work system should appear on the connect tab of Autodesk Remote from your home system. If it does not, Autodesk Remote may be being blocked on your work network.

The following ports must not be explicitly blocked on either the local machine or any intervening firewall between the local machine and the internet (for both host and client machines):

8090 - 8300 UDP Used for client to host communications,

7182 UDP

8080 - 8090 TCP (outgoing) 

80, 443 TCP (outgoing) Used for HTTP and HTTPS communications
Ensure the following domains are not blocked for HTTPS:
*.otoy.com
*.webcl.com
*.otoyserver.com

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 6
rgraham35

I have these ports in our firewall both in and out. The connection of the client does not work unless I reduce the security of the firewall basically open up all ports. So what other ports does this use?

Message 4 of 6
asburyj
in reply to: rgraham35

Those are the only posts I know of. See the ports and domains section of the below doc

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21981875&linkID=9240617

Jeffry Asbury
Message 5 of 6
pendean

Set up Remote Desktop through your server OS: it's a core Windows feature and way more secure than some third party app like this one.
Look at what large companies do, even Autodesk employees aren't allowed to use REMOTE to access company servers.
Message 6 of 6
rgraham35
in reply to: pendean

I agree there are better ways to do it... but for user experience you have to go to view or remote fx.....

I am just after a complete list of ports needed. What Autodesk gives in the link above is not even close to being all you need open... for instance I have seen ports in the 50000 area being used when the connection is active.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report