Remote General Discussion

dstonge
Message 1 of 5 (458 Views)

Keyboard gets screwed up.

458 Views, 4 Replies
09-19-2013 12:41 PM

When I go to use the keyboard on the remote computer, I cannot write 9 or 0.. they turn out as [ and ]. Same with the shift 9 and 0. I get { and }.

It's as if the program is switching the keys around. This is happening with a few of the keys actually, and it seems like it changes each time I log in. Very odd... This is PC to PC.

The biggest problem with that is, my logon password has a 0 in it. I can't even log into the computer, if I'm truly remote.

Cansel.ca
JLRDinc
Message 2 of 5 (416 Views)

Re: Keyboard gets screwed up.

10-02-2013 03:38 PM in reply to: dstonge
i am having the same issues as well. my keyboard at home will not let me type anything. as soon as i hit esc or any letter the screen logs back out as if i hit alt ctl del.

and its tough for me to sign in because my password has numbers and a few capital letters.

dont know what the deal is. i had to use the mouse to export the dwg to autocad and save to dropbox and work on my home pc.

this isnt looking good for autodesk remote
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 3 of 5 (408 Views)

10-03-2013 04:28 AM in reply to: JLRDinc
Are these wireless keyboards? Or keyboards with 'keyboard' drivers running them? Question applies to the host and/or guest computers.
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
JLRDinc
Message 4 of 5 (405 Views)

10-03-2013 07:15 AM in reply to: pendean
yes both computers have wireless keyboards with the drivers installed.
dstonge
Message 5 of 5 (401 Views)

10-03-2013 07:23 AM in reply to: pendean
In my case, both are laptops so keyboards are all internal.
Cansel.ca

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New Remote Category!

The Remote forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community