Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ReCap Pro upgrade?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Chad-Smith
557 Views, 3 Replies

ReCap Pro upgrade?

I heard at AU this year from a reseller that existing Design Suite customers are able to upgrade to Pro for free.

Is this true?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Chad-Smith

That would be great news.  Yesterday, my rep said it's $3600/year.  I have a feeling it's Recap that is part of the Suite, not Recap Pro.  It should be part of the Suite.  Would make a lot of potential customers jump on the AutoCAD Design Suite just to get Pro's editing features, PC work in AutoCAD for 3D construction references and MAX PC rendering.

Heck, make it the Platinum Suite.  The $3600/year is steep.  My client wants to buy me a Seat of Faro Scene.  A one time $4000 cost.

(You listening AutoDesk?)

Message 3 of 4
acmorris

Greetings,

Thank you for taking time to post.  Let me clarify and address some of the questions and comments expressed here.

Currently, only ReCap is available in Suites, which includes Design Suite.  ReCap Pro is an independent purchase and an in-product enhancement to ReCap.  This means whether you get ReCap from the web or in a Suite, you must purchase to get access to the Pro features.

The suggestion regarding Platinum Suites is insightful. Thanks for commenting.

Note that ReCap Pro is built to be a productivity booster. Pro removes the need to target for interior scanning and provides in-field quility feedback.  As a result, Pro users have reported a 2X or better improvement during data collection. This means a project scoped for 1 week of field work with a non-Pro product could be completed in 2 or 3 days with Pro.  The result is less time in the field and better quality control of data acquisition. Of course, performance results vary based upon your exisitng workflow and what you are scanning.

- Aaron

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I've used it and I love it.

But my client may force me to go another route based on price.  Productivity should factor in, but that pricing scheme will scare many off.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report