Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ReCap Index Faro.fls file import problem

28 REPLIES 28
SOLVED
Message 1 of 29
alexbell7294
9218 Views, 28 Replies

ReCap Index Faro.fls file import problem

I'm trying to import a Faro FLS file (.fls) in ReCap. The file loads, but the import fails on start - returning a big red cross!

Am i missing something? Is there a setting or process i need to follow when importing Faro.fls raw format?

Thanks

Alex

28 REPLIES 28
Message 21 of 29
tlanktree
in reply to: Anonymous

Sorry about that. I read that line of your thread as I was sending

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trevor Lanktree, PLS
President

Lanktree Land Surveying, INC.
32320 111th Place Southeast
Auburn, WA 98092
Office: (253) 653-6423
Direct: (253) 269-1304
Fax: (253) 793-1616
www.lanktreelandsurveying.com
[cid:image001.png@01CF2314.F119C630][cid:image004.jpg@01CF2314.F2A15090]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 22 of 29
ryan.frenz

This sounds like it could be a graphics issue.  Do you get a crash report notification?  If so, could you submit the report?  Be sure to add an email address and let me know the address (this allows our QA to find the report quickly).

Thanks,

Ryan

Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
in reply to: ryan.frenz

I just resubmitted a crash report with my email. I have also attached a PNG file of the crash report. my email is  godiving@hotmail.com

Message 24 of 29
ryan.frenz

The crash is happening inside the Intel graphics driver.  I'll have our team investigate more.  You mentioned that you also have a Radeon card - ReCap should support either of them (Radeon or Intel 4000), but it's possible that your Intel driver needs to be updated.  Could you look into the following:

- Version of the intel graphics driver (you should be able to get this from the Device Manager)

- Look at your system settings and see if you can tell it to use the Radeon card for ReCap.  Unfortunately all systems do this differently so I can't say for sure how to do it.  ATI sometimes has management software with options like this.

I'll let you know if I can dig up any other info on this.

Ryan

Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
in reply to: ryan.frenz

ReCap is working now. 

in my "Configure Switchable Graphics" window I had to set ReCap to "high performance". It was listed as "not assigned"

Both of the graphics drivers are up to date. Thank you for the help. 

Message 26 of 29
ryan.frenz

Good to hear, and thanks for the help debugging.  This will help us improve the software and shows a good workaround in the interim.

Ryan

Message 27 of 29
ggnistor

@Anonymous wrote:

ReCap is working now. 

in my "Configure Switchable Graphics" window I had to set ReCap to "high performance". It was listed as "not assigned"

Both of the graphics drivers are up to date. Thank you for the help. 

hi,

could you educate us on how to perform this configuration?

thanks

gabriel

Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
in reply to: ggnistor

By right clicking in my desk top area it opens a menu box (see attached file "Switchable graphics"). 

Select "Configure Switchable Graphics" and it will take you to the Catalyst Control Center (see attached file "Switchable graphics 2"). This is where I changed ReCap to High Performance. 

My laptop is running an Intel and a Radeon graphics card so yours could be different . I hope this helps. 

Message 29 of 29
ggnistor
in reply to: tlanktree

Thanks a lot!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report