Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ReCap Index Faro.fls file import problem

28 REPLIES 28
SOLVED
Message 1 of 29
alexbell7294
9212 Views, 28 Replies

ReCap Index Faro.fls file import problem

I'm trying to import a Faro FLS file (.fls) in ReCap. The file loads, but the import fails on start - returning a big red cross!

Am i missing something? Is there a setting or process i need to follow when importing Faro.fls raw format?

Thanks

Alex

28 REPLIES 28
Message 2 of 29
ryan.frenz
in reply to: alexbell7294

Hi Alex,

Based on your description, it looks like you are using ReCap 1.0 (which was bundled with AutoCAD).  There have been several updates since then, including support for the latest FLS format (including raw folders).

Please try the latest version, available at autodesk.com/recap

Thanks,

Ryan

Message 3 of 29
ggnistor

Hi,

is there a known problem to import/index fws files registered with Scene 5.2?

thanks

Gabriel

Message 4 of 29
tlanktree

I found that once you try and import a file that was touched with Scene 5.2, Recap fails to import. I have reverted to doing all of my reduction within RECAP from the scanner as a work around.

Message 5 of 29
ryan.frenz

The latest version of ReCap (1.2) supports the latest Faro firmware and format.  You can download it at autodesk.com/recap.

Message 6 of 29
tlanktree
in reply to: ryan.frenz

Thank You Ryan. I learned this last night when I was frantically looking for a solution and found the latest Recap release. 

Message 7 of 29
alexbell7294

I've tried to locate the new version of recap (taht can process fls files) for download, but to no avail. Can someone post a link to the download location, thanks

Message 8 of 29
ryan.frenz

See the section labeled "Access Now" at the bottom of this page:

http://www.autodesk.com/products/recap/free-trial

Ryan

Message 9 of 29
alexbell7294

Thanks for getting back to me, but this to download the trial version. I need to use recap in a commercial environment, on project work. Currently we're using the recap version bundled with our licensed 2014 version of AutoCAD/Civil3D. Will the trial version accept our current licence agreement, and be available for long term use in a commercial environment? Thanks
Message 10 of 29
acmorris

I believe the answer is yes.

The current version of ReCap has standard and professional features. The version of ReCap bundled in 2014 Suites is just the standard features. So, if you download and install from the web, the features you are using now will work without another license.

The professional features of ReCap, which include registration and the ability to incorporate survey control, require the purchase of another license. Note the professional features can be rented by the month, 3-months or year.

Message 11 of 29
cheliotes

I am currently running v. 1.2.103.6. I am not sure if the latest download release is newer than this. With the version I am currently running, I was initially not able to import 5.2 FLS files from a Faro X330. The problem was solved thusly: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/ReCap-Studio-General/Importing-X330-FLS/td-p/4687493

Even after the fix, the files download much more readily when they are first saved in Scene 5.2 then copied from the Revisions folder.

Message 12 of 29
ryan.frenz
in reply to: cheliotes

You have the final beta for 1.2.  The current download is the official 1.2 release, which most imporantly includes the 5.2 Faro support.

And yes, if you first process the scans in SCENE they will import to ReCap faster.  This is because some default filtering and consolidation happens during that save (and then does not need to happen in ReCap).

Ryan

Message 13 of 29
cheliotes

Thanks for the update Ryan. Much appreciated.

Message 14 of 29
tlanktree

Thanks Ryan.
Message 15 of 29
alexbell7294
in reply to: acmorris

Thanks all. I've had the new version install, as per the posts, and this has resolved the issue.

Message 16 of 29
8wr_zj

Can anyone post the link to download the latest version of recap? I have the version that comes with Autodesk inventor 2014
Inventor Pro 2014
nivida k6000
24 G RAM
Message 17 of 29
acmorris
in reply to: 8wr_zj

Greetings,

You can download the latest version of ReCap from autodesk.com/recap. Go to the free trial of ReCap Pro.

http://www.autodesk.com/products/recap/free-trial

Aaron

Message 18 of 29
godiving

ReCap will let me start a new project, add, and index a fls. file but when selecting launch it crashes. When reopening ReCap it will show the pointclould as the previous project but crashes when selecting to open it. I can take this same file and open it on my Desktop and it works fine. Just will not open on the laptop. 

I just today 2/6/2014 redownloaded and reinstalled recap. 

I am using a Samsung laptop, 64 bit with 16GB of RAM, AMD Radeon HD 8700M Series and Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000  Graphics cards. 

Message 19 of 29
tlanktree
in reply to: godiving

I had the same issue with a paid Recap Pro copy, tried a repair and that didn't work and had to uninstall and reinstall Recap.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trevor Lanktree, PLS
President

Lanktree Land Surveying, INC.
32320 111th Place Southeast
Auburn, WA 98092
Office: (253) 653-6423
Direct: (253) 269-1304
Fax: (253) 793-1616
www.lanktreelandsurveying.com
[cid:image001.png@01CF2314.68972E10][cid:image004.jpg@01CF2314.6AB10D60]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 20 of 29
godiving
in reply to: tlanktree

I tried that this morning. No deal. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report