Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putting clouds together

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Light_Guy
553 Views, 2 Replies

Putting clouds together

We are currently working a study about we can best use reality capture in our business. One thing that has popped up is putting data together from different types of scanners. We have been using laser scanners from Faro and Leica with great success but then we also tried to use the Microsoft Kinect. When have been unable to put the cloud from the kinect together with clouds from the Leica and Faro scanners. My understanding is that because it is Infrared versus laser there is no way to put the two together using ReCap. Is this true? We recently saw the new DPI-7 handheld scan to tablet scanner which I believe is also infrared. Would I be in the same boat with this scanner as well?

Paul Hamor
"Always good ships!"
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
vidanom
in reply to: Light_Guy

Hi Paul,

It depends on the way the app is writing the data when using the Kinnect or Asus sensor.

ReCap can only align structured data, fls, ptx, ptg or zfs file formats.

If the data is written in such way and one of this file formats is available then ReCap can be used for aligning these scans with other Terrestrial scanners.

I attached one document describing the simple process of aligning such scans using the DOT handheld device with Faro Focus 3D scanner:

http://www.dotproduct3d.com/

Thank you for posting,

Best,

Mitko

Message 3 of 3
Light_Guy
in reply to: vidanom

Mitko,

That's excellent news! Thanks for the info, I am passing the help file you sent on to our study group. We really appreciate it!!

Paul Hamor
"Always good ships!"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report