Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLL Conflict with Plant 3D

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
689 Views, 9 Replies

DLL Conflict with Plant 3D

Recently I delivered a Recap point cloud file to a client. They are using Plant 3D for their design work. Upon installation of Recap the machine became extremely unstable. After a couple of days of troubleshooting, it was determined that there was a DLL conflict between Plant 3D and Recap. The specific conflicting file was "acui19res.dll". Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
richiee
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for the report. Would you be able to check on which version of each they're running to help us run this down?

Thanks.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: richiee

Ritchie, they are running v.2013. Apparently there are a couple of other missing doll's. Unfortunately the list is at my office and I am riding out a blizzard at home. I will post the additional info on Monday. Thanks.
NOTICE: This communication (including any attachments) may contain privileged or confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this communication and/or shred the materials and any attachments and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying or distribution of this communication, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. Thank you.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

Richiee, here is the content from the latest email I received regarding this issue:

"

Two more missing dll’s to pass along:

anavres.dll

adui19res.dll"

Sorry about the legal disclaimer in the last post. Sent it from my phone. Thanks

Chris

Message 5 of 10
richiee

Thanks for the follow-up. When you say they are 'missing', I assume you're getting an error message from one or both of the apps saying this? If so, which one?
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: richiee

Richiee, the client has removed Recap from the machine, so the missing DLL message is coming from Plant 3D.

Message 7 of 10
richiee

So to summarize…

ReCap was installed alongside Plant 3D (2013), but there was an error indicating that the file 'acui19res.dll' was in conflict.

ReCap was then uninstalled, and Plant 3D was now displaying an error stating that 'anavres.dll' and 'adui19res.dll' were now missing.

Is this correct?

I'm going to get our build team involved to see if we can determine where the problem is.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

That is the way I understand it. Thanks for the help.

Message 9 of 10
vidanom

Hi Chris,

There was an issue with some of the Suites 2013 installers. The ReCap version that was included in their installer doesn’t match to the registry value they write into the system.

The problem results in getting the wrong patch which doesn’t match the Recap version installed during live update.

To fix this they can try by reinstalling ReCap from the suite and use the attached workaround.

But the best would be if they can install the latest ReCap from our site that has many new features and enhancements.

http://www.autodesk.com/products/recap/free-trial

The free trial indication is only for the registration feature and applying survey points, everything else and much more should remain free like the initial ReCap version they had from the builds.

Best,

Mitko

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: vidanom

Thanks for the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report