Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Image Issue

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
vadimvlasov5592
466 Views, 8 Replies

Add Image Issue

I do not get "Next" button after I add images to ReCAP 360. The images just sit there and there is no way to go from there. What am I doing wrong?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
vidanom
in reply to: vadimvlasov5592

Probably some of the images are not uploaded completely and it doesn’t allow you to continue.

Can you try uploading one more time, or try by deselecting some of the images in the same screen that didn’t upload all the way.

Mitko

Message 3 of 9
vadimvlasov5592
in reply to: vidanom

Thank you. That worked.

I have another issues right now:

After submitting the images for stitching, the project is still processing after almost 5 hours. It lookes like it stopped at 85%.

Is that a common issue or there could be something wrong wiht my images?

Message 4 of 9
vidanom

Depending on the resolution it can take longer. Stopping at 85-95% is normal as that is the time when the mesh is being generated.

If it stays frozen for a too long, please forward me in a message the URL that you’ll get by clicking on the .RCP file from the www.360.autodesk.com site and we can see what went wrong.

Thank you,

Mitko

Message 5 of 9
vadimvlasov5592
Message 6 of 9
vidanom

Thanks, we'll take a look now and let you know,

Mitko

Message 7 of 9
vadimvlasov5592

Did yu find out anything?

Message 8 of 9
vadimvlasov5592

This program is proving to be a disappointment so far. I thought we could use it for as-builts, to generate point cloud files of the rooms without using 3D scanners. Unfortunately, the results were not usable at all and the processing time was extremely long.

I hope it will work better for others.

Message 9 of 9
vidanom

Yes, I’m afraid interiors remain as the toughest sites for ReCap to capture.

Until we figure this one out, depending on the end use case, we recommend using photos for exteriors, sculptures, objects, aerial photogrammetry and even micro photogrammetry.

Here are few tips that you can try to increase the chances with interior sites:

-          Don’t capture the room from the middle, go alongside the wall and capture the opposite side of the room;

-          Don’t capture the photos from the same position, always move step or two for the next image;

-          Clear, sharp photos, no blurriness and defuse lightning as much as possible;

-          White walls without texture are difficult to capture, try to place some features to help the matching process;

Mitko

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report