Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registration Improvement Suggestion

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
subs
305 Views, 3 Replies

Registration Improvement Suggestion

When the last registration match point is placed (the second red target), let the user refine it's position before it launches into "refining."

Thanks.

Buck Wyckoff
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ryan.frenz
in reply to: subs

Thanks for your feedback.  Please download & try out the 1.2 version when it is released (very shortly).  We have made some subtle changes to this workflow (namely a quick preview before refinement) that should help out with this.

Ryan

Message 3 of 4
subs
in reply to: ryan.frenz

Thanks.  Look forward to it.  It's been a great product so far.

Is there a way to see the combined point cloud part way through the registration process? 

I had 36 scans of a vehicle and when I got to the end, one was off.  I did it over and tried to see results every two or three added registers, but I couldn't find anything.  The 3D Preview button under the list of Registered scans only shows a photoVR for the selected scan.  It would be great to see an intermediate combined point clould for the scans registered so far as a QC, then continue with the registration process.

Buck Wyckoff
Message 4 of 4
ryan.frenz
in reply to: subs

Currently the 3d preview will show a subsampled view of the last two scans registered.  We are in the planning phase for a more feature-rich tool for this purpose.  I will make sure your feedback is incorporated.

Thanks again,

Ryan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report