Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registration Expiring

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
nbobbitt
600 Views, 9 Replies

Registration Expiring

When opening ReCap Pro today I realized there is a messae saying the registration feature will be expiring in 6 days on 12/15.  It follows up by saying don't worry - you will be able to use it again in our upcoming enhanced Autodesk ReCap Pro release.  I am wondering if anyone has any idea when this new release might be?  The registration in Recap has been great for us on certain types of projects and it will be missed if it gone for long.

Thanks,

Nick

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
vidanom
in reply to: nbobbitt

Hi Nick,

The registration feature and the survey points can be unlocked for certain amount annually or monthly.

I’m not sure on this one, but you should be able to get additional 30 days trial on the new release that is coming out very soon with some enhanced capabilities.

All the remaining features with all the capabilities from ReCap should remain free.

Mitko

Message 3 of 10
ryan.frenz

Hi Nick,

The latest update (http://www.autodesk.com/products/recap/free-trial) should not expire until early next year (sorry I don't have the exact date).  This update was released last month.

Otherwise, as Mitko said, this month's new release will have a 30-day trial of all Pro features.

Ryan

Message 4 of 10
Greenhatchgroup

Not sure you guys read the initial thread post properly or have tried it out for yourselves, but

I have a non-expiring recap pro licence (not trial) the registration feature was a trial period and has expired, I too will miss it if it is gone for long and would also love to know when we can expect to be able to use it again, we have been marketing a method of laser scanning which heavily relies on the quality of Recaps targetless registration. the same registration process in cyclone is a nightmare in comparrison.

Please give us registration capability back ASAP 😉

P.S. I've just bought a shiny new TLC SSD ready to use with Recap hoping to decrease the importing/registration/indexing time dramatically 😉

Message 5 of 10
jessica.t
in reply to: Greenhatchgroup

Hi Neil,

According to my resources, registration should be made available again sometimes today. Keep on eye on this page to stay current.

Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 6 of 10
nbobbitt

That link just goes to the page where you can download a trial verison of the software and doesn't say anything about registration.  Do I have to download a new trial version of a software I already have a license for?  The Autodesk connect says my current product is up to date, but registration is now unavailable.

Nick

Message 7 of 10
jessica.t

Hi NIck,

It sounds like your ReCap version may be part of a suite and it may appear to be a full version, but registration would still only be available for a limited time. The release today will include registration and other features for the 30 day trial period but if you like, you can just proceed straight to purchasing the feature on a monthly or yearly basis. The ReCap version being released today is the version where we will start charging for registration.

I hope that helps clarify.

Jessica Thrasher
Message 8 of 10
Greenhatchgroup
in reply to: jessica.t

It doesn't really help, as our current non expiring licence gives us no option to update or to purchase the registration side of the license. it just says that registration has expired and will soon be available in the new enhanced Recap pro. To me that says that any new additions to the software will be available to us under our subscription. It seems very strange that we will be only given half of a license.

It might be worthwhile considering a surveyors suite, if the Building design suite doesn't give us everything we require?

Do we need to fully uninstall then reinstall the trial you direct us to?

Message 9 of 10

Never mind, I uninstalled my old recap pro and reinstalled the new one, (A notification in the old product would be really useful)

The new version seems great thus far. although I've had a check of the price and it looks like we will probably have to stick with our cyclone licenses, which is a shame as I would have liked to have pushed Recap more, $4500/year/license is a bit much on top of the designsuite licence and the other licenses we have.

As I said previously it would be nice to include recap pro in a suite, with other surveying tools.

My main tools are AutoCAD (only for breaking up drawings for Revit), Revit and Recap, Sometimes Showcase for presentation, I would happily lose 3D Studio Max and gain Recap Pro 😉

Message 10 of 10
jessica.t
in reply to: Greenhatchgroup

Hi Neil,

Glad to hear that you're up and running with ReCap!

For any other users with this issue, please know that uninstalling your previous version of the product is not necessary. You may not be seeing the option to “unlock registration” is because it was not included with the version that you may have so the option physically was not built in. Once you install the latest and greatest you will get another 30-day trial or you can decide to just purchase straight out. 

ReCap.png

I hope this helps others! And like always, if there are any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Happy Holidays!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report