Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recap pro, How to use Faro sphere targets as survey control points?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Jurgen_Putman
1217 Views, 3 Replies

Recap pro, How to use Faro sphere targets as survey control points?

I am trying the registration feature of recap.

I am using 35 Faro Focus3D scans. registering them together took me just under 2 hours so this is very good in my opinion.

but now I am trying to add the survey control. we are using Faro sphere targets and the prism from Faro to measure the center of the sphere.

Is it possible to use this as survey point in Recap and if so how to do this.

importing and naming the control points is no problem but I get an error around 70mm so my guess would be that the point on the surface is used.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
vidanom
in reply to: Jurgen_Putman

Hi,

We still don’t support that feature and it’s definitely within our scope.

For now you’ll have to pick the exact point on a surface to add a survey.

You can do that on checkerboard targets, but for spheres it would not find that center for now.

Thank you for your feedback and let us know more about your cases,

Regards,

Mitko

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: vidanom

Any update here as to when Spheres will be supported?

Message 4 of 4
vidanom
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I'm glad to let you know that since version 1.4 (now 3.0) targets are officially supported in ReCap 360 PRO, checkerboards or spheres but only to be used for refining the scan registration. While the registration process in ReCap can work without any targets this can be extremely helpful in low feature environments like parking lots, desserts, tunnels, etc...

You can add survey control points to the checkerboards or at any other feature in your scan data, but ReCap cannot yet add coordinates to a center point of the spheres. More info on how targets can be used can be seen in this article

Thank you for using ReCap 360.

Mitko

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report