Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recap low point loading ability

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
vmain
630 Views, 2 Replies

Recap low point loading ability

I use point clouds every day and at this moment I don't use recap anymore for editing my point cloud, because the reason of it can't load as much points as AutoCAD( it can load 10 million) which for the scale of work I do that seen as a smaller point cloud , I do plant work and recap is of no use to me....If I am wrong and recap can handle more points please respond with an answer, it could be the graphics card which I doubt
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
vidanom
in reply to: vmain

Can you give us more details why you are not able to load scans with more than 10M points?

Which file format are you trying to import and from which products it’s exported?

Is there some error message that you are receiving?

On the image attached, on only one scan the points number exceeds 300M, 6GB of file size.

The limit how many points and file sizes can ReCap index should be extremely high.

Best,

Miki

Message 3 of 3
jnelson1071
in reply to: vidanom

@vidanom wrote:

The limit how many points and file sizes can ReCap index should be extremely high.

Do you have a ballpark of the limit on file size?  We have a 32.6gb PTS file and it goes to about 25% and then fails loading the PTS.  I have a request in to scanning provider to split to seperate scans, but it would be nice to know that limitation.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report