Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recap Fails to Launch Project

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
JF
Participant
5847 Views, 8 Replies

Recap Fails to Launch Project

I am unable to launch a new or existing project in ReCap. If I import a scan file it will convert it into a .rcs but then when i click on Launch project ReCap studio will crash and present me with the usual error reporting dialogue box. The same thing happens if i try to open an existing .rcp file

Has anyone come accross this or have a solution?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
yan.fu
in reply to: JF

Could you let me know which version of ReCap you are using?

And what operations have you done before saving to RCP?

Thanks!

Message 3 of 9
JF
Participant
in reply to: yan.fu

The version is 1.0.100.12 and also has the service pack installed.
I have converted some .pcg files into .rcs files, recap will convert scan files into .rcs files. It's when I try to open a project, either an existing one or by selecting .rcs files to import, that Recap crashes.

Regards,

Jon

------
Scanned by The Email Laundry
http://www.theemaillaundry.com
Message 4 of 9
JF
Participant

PROBLEM SOLVED:-

I am using a Nvidia Quadro K4000M graphics card. I had to go into the Nvidia Control Pannel and add Recap to the program settings in there. I then had to change the settings to force it to use the Nvidia graphics card instead of Auto-Detect and also changed the OpenGL rendering GPU setting to force it to use the Nvidia card rather than Autodetect.

Recap now works fine. Smiley Happy

Tags (2)
Message 5 of 9
dgorsman

Was the auto-detect picking up on-chip video hardware instead of the discrete card?  Is this a laptop or a desktop?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 6 of 9
JF
Participant
in reply to: dgorsman

I'm u sing a laptop and my graphics card is a Nvidia Quadro K4000M.

I can only assume that the auto detect was switching to the integrated graphics card. I went into Nvidia Control Panel then to 'manage 3D settings' where i had to manualy add Recap to the programs list on the 'Program settings' tab and change the settings in there to use the Nvidia Card

Message 7 of 9
sharriman

I'm having the same issue. It seems like ReCap imports the XYZ file generated from Trimble SCENE but after the import is complete the application crashes to the error reporting dialog when I click Run Project. I'm running the following:

APPLICATION:

Autodesk ReCap v1.0.100.12

GRAPHICS CARD:
Graphics Card Manufacturer Powered by AMD
Graphics Chipset AMD FirePro V5900 (FireGL V) Graphics Adapter

Graphics Bus Capability PCI Express 2.0
Maximum Bus Setting PCI Express 2.0 x16

Memory Size 2048 MB 
Memory Type GDDR5

Core Clock in MHz 600 MHz
Memory Clock in MHz 500 MHz

SYSTEM:

Dell Precision T3600

OS Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 64-bit Operating System

Processor Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz

Installed Memory (RAM) 64 GB

Message 8 of 9
sharriman
in reply to: sharriman

Problem solved. I used the AMD Cleanup Utility v1.2.1.0 (get it here) to uninstall all AMD drivers completely from the system.

I then installed the latest Windows certified driver for my graphics adapter. It works perfectly now.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

DO NOT DEPEND ON THE DRIVER UPDATE UTILITIES IN THE GRAPHIC CARD'S CONTROL PANEL!! TAKE THE EXTRA 3 MINUTES TO VIST THE MANUFACTURES DRIVER DOWNLOADS PAGE AND CHECK FOR THE LATEST DRIVERS THERE.

When i used the driver update from within the Catalist Pro Control Center it told me that there were no updates for my graphics card and that I had the latest version. However, when I visited the AMD driver downloads page, I found out that I did not in fact have the latest software drivers.

Message 9 of 9
siravi.seo
in reply to: sharriman

Thanks for sharing it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report