Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ReCap and Revit 2014

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
EricWiens
2879 Views, 6 Replies

ReCap and Revit 2014

Hi,

We are working with some Faro laser scans and are a bit new to this.  We are trying to figure out the best workflow with Revit 2014.  We have ReCaped the Registered Faro scene files and would like to know how to turn on/off a specific part of a point cloud in Revit.  We can turn off the RCP file or the individual scan files (RCS) that are 1-1 match of the Faro FLS files.  Is it possible to transfer ReCap's scanned regions into Revit?  We need to be able to turn on/off various elements in the point cloud (Maybe part of multiple Faro scans).  For instance a demolition drawing will use a point cloud that contains a wall, then a new drawing will show the point cloud with out the wall.  Is this possible with just ReCap and Revit?  Or do we have use Faro's Scene to break the point cloud up into multiple sections and then ReCap those?  I guess another way to do this is to have two set's of point cloud files.  One that is complete, and another with some of the points that we don't want to show deleted.  This would work, but doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

Thanks,

Eric

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
vidanom
in reply to: EricWiens

Hi Eric,

For now one way to do this is to export all the regions as separate .rcs files.

Before you export toggle off all your regions that you want to export and delete all the rest points.

Then toggle on a region and export as .rcs, toggle off and toggle on the next and so on..

The option to export regions directly should be available in the next release. This should make things a lot easier.

We’ll let you know.

Best,

Mitko

Message 3 of 7
mtrzesn
in reply to: vidanom

Is there a way to rename the regions in ReCap, since it gets hard to remember what region belongs to what object.  For example renaming "Region 01" to "Front Door" or "Project Walls"?

Thanks

Message 4 of 7
mason.foster
in reply to: mtrzesn

Yep, you can double-click the region in the project navigator to edit the name. 

Message 5 of 7
Chad-Smith
in reply to: EricWiens

@EricWiens wrote:

would like to know how to turn on/off a specific part of a point cloud in Revit.

Oh Yes!!! This would be awesome to have Recap Regions become Layers when linked into the design products like Revit.

This would completely negate the need to export out multiple versions of a Recap project.

@vidanom wrote:

The option to export regions directly should be available in the next release.

Did this ever make it into a newer release? It's nearly a year later and I can't see this.
Message 6 of 7
josh
in reply to: vidanom

Hi Mitko,

I have a client asking me this exact same thing now, is the best work flow still to export each region or has this been updated in 2015/16?

thanks in advance for any help. 🙂

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product design suite ultimate
Complete 3D Concepts
 photo Autodesk_Inventor_2015_Certified_Professional_Badge_zpsf8iygufo.gif
Message 7 of 7
vidanom
in reply to: josh

Hi Josh,

Welcome back to this topic 🙂

I'm glad to say that a lot has changed.

Check this out or better yet, go ahead and download the latest version:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/reality-computing/the-arrival-of-recap-2-2/ba-p/5890837

In this document there are more details on just the region tool. Now you can export and import regions! 🙂

Thank you for using ReCap,

Mitko

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report