Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ReCap RCP running slow

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
GSCCAD2011
3473 Views, 4 Replies

ReCap RCP running slow

My project just started regening really really slow.  You can see the scan regen in small tiles.  As I try to move/pan around it starts the slow regen process again.  It is pegging my CPU to 100% causing the RCP to work slow.  I have been deleting/cleaning noise in ReCap Pro fairly smoothly until now. I believe I have isolated it to the RCP file.  I can open a prior RCP in the same project and everything runs like normal.  Any thoughts?

Paxton Singleton
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
vidanom
in reply to: GSCCAD2011

This is typical for datasets that had a lot of cleaning actions associated with the RCP file.

When loading just an RCS files, or unedited RCP files it’s very fast, but as soon as you load RCP file with a lot of editing actions applied, that can results in slow start when loading and slow streaming.

The editing actions are actually volumes that need to be checked by the graphic card. Sometimes these RCP files has literally thousands of volume checks and all the points go through these checks.

For this type of case the best practice is to export your pointcloud as Unified .RCS and your scan data will work back as new.

Mitko

Message 3 of 5
GSCCAD2011
in reply to: vidanom

Thanks!  That worked...

Your suggestion solved the speed problem.  However, created a couple of other questions.  I was still in the process of cleaning up the points.  Now that I am working with one RCS (and now scan location) how would I delete the annoying white points.  Whether they are noise or just a coloration problem I am trying to clean up the scan for a presentation.  The white points make the colored scan/points not as vivid.  I was going into the Scan Location in the Project Navigator turning off Scan Locations and working with only one or two locations at a time.  That allowed me to isolate the white points.  They are all included now without the ability (or my know how) on how to isolate the points to delete them.

Thank you again for replying so quickly and solving the problem.

Paxton

Paxton Singleton
Message 4 of 5
vidanom
in reply to: GSCCAD2011

Hi Paxton,

The easiest would be to orient and face those noise points in front of some plane surface, select the surface with Plane selection, make it a Region and lock that region.

That way you’ll be able to easily select everything on top of that surface without deleting it.

If the points are blended into this surfaces, then see if you can go in you previous state and complete all your edits before you export as unified .rcs.

Mitko

Message 5 of 5
akira77
in reply to: vidanom

Hi all,

For me big problem with CPU always 100% load ...

Also possible not enough CPU?

Maybe that helps good with Intel Xeon E7?

Greetings Akira

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report