Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ReCap Pro (Product version 1.1.120.0) - Export to RCS doesn't work

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
john.de.leeuw
2054 Views, 23 Replies

ReCap Pro (Product version 1.1.120.0) - Export to RCS doesn't work

I'm trying to export a Unified RCS from my project and although ReCap Pro shows an Export Routine with a running percentage, it doesn't create an *.RCS for me? When it hits 9% it just quits and no file has been exported.

Exporting to a *.PTS file works good and I can use this as a workaround but direct export to *.RCS is of course to be preferred. Now I have to set up a new ReCap project and index the *.PTS file again and then look within the Support folder of this RCP project for the indexed *.RCS file and use this in AutoCAD Civil 3D.

Anybody experiencing this also?

Best,

John

23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
ryan.frenz
in reply to: john.de.leeuw

Hi John,

Are you in a georeferenced coordinate system?  This may be contributing to the problem.  It would be helpful to see your RCP file if you don't mind posting it (or send it to me privately).

Thanks

Ryan

Message 3 of 24

make sure you have plenty of free space.  Before i cleaned up my hard drive, it would do this even though it showed enough space.

Message 4 of 24
mariepl

Im having the same issue. Yes my scans are georeferenced and need to remain as such! Is there any way to go around this?
Message 5 of 24
ryan.frenz

I don't think coordinates are the issue.  What grid spacing are you using?  There is a bug with using 0mm that manifests itself in this way.

Ryan

Message 6 of 24
mariepl

Ive tried every grid spacing possible from 5mm to 1m
Message 7 of 24
rwfrenz20
in reply to: mariepl

We have just fixed an issue where the export would fail if a limit box was applied.  If you have a limit box set, can you please try the export without it?

Message 8 of 24
lucas_wagner
in reply to: rwfrenz20

Hello, 

same problem here. I tried everything recommended in this thread but the export to .rcs data doesn't work...

(Product version: 1.102.3.6)

Who can help me?

Thank you, 

Lucas

Message 9 of 24
vidanom
in reply to: lucas_wagner

Hi Lucas,

Were you able to resolve this?
If not may I ask you to send us the .rcp file in a message to me, or Ryan (above) and we’ll try to see why this is happening.

Thank you,

Mitko

Tags (2)
Message 10 of 24

Exactly the same issue here too! crashes out at 9%. I'm getting some quite poor results and slow running clouds in Revit and I've heard that unifying may solve some of my issues.

Would really like some help on this and on my other topics. I'm starting to lose faith in the support ;(

Please e-mail me at jamep@greenhatch-group.co.uk

I'll try and send you my .rcp if it helps

Message 11 of 24

Could you give me your e-mail address to send the rcp to, this forum seems to dislike the file type as an attachment

Message 12 of 24

What version are you using?  The issues in this thread were with version 1.1 and should be resolved with the latest download (autodesk.com/recap).

You can check your version from the 'About Autodesk ReCap' menu item (the 'i' icon).

productinfo.jpg

Message 13 of 24

I exported the file in another data format (.pts) and worked with this point cloud in Revit. Problem here is that the point cloud has no colour information. Does anyone of you know the differences betwen the exporting formats you can choose (.pts,.rcs,...)?

Cheers,

Lucas

Message 14 of 24
LyleHardin
in reply to: lucas_wagner

Same problems here. I've seen the bar up to 8% but when I come back to look it's gone and there is no .rcs file.

I'm using ReCap Pro trial I downloaded last week (1.2.149.5xxx)  because we are using Faro Scene 5.2 and regular ReCap does not work with Scene 5.2 files.

I've tried saving to network and local among other things mentioned on this thread. No go.

Message 15 of 24
vidanom
in reply to: LyleHardin

We have the same report by more Users in the last days.

Seems like the files from the new Scene 5.2 are freezing in ReCap.

We’re working on it and we’ll let you know as soon as it’s resolved.

Thank you,

Mitko

Message 16 of 24
ryan.frenz

Can you please try updating your import temp folder?

1. Go to Settings (Gear Icon from home screen) -> Files Tab

2. Click on the 'Temporary File Location' box.  Note the path that is currently set.

3. Browse to a different folder and click 'Select Folder'.

4. Click 'OK'.

5. Repeat steps 1-4, resetting the original path in step 3.

We've seen issues in the past where this path was not read properly by the Unified RCS exporter.  In this case, the steps above resolved it.

Thanks,

Ryan

Message 17 of 24
LyleHardin
in reply to: ryan.frenz

I tried it on a different machine and it worked. I got my .rcs file.

I didn't get a chance to try to change temp folders. sorry.

For what it's worth, exporting to e57, pts, or pcg works fine on both machines.

Lyle

Message 18 of 24
ryan.frenz

Yep, this sounds like the exact known issue I mentioned.  This should only occur on machines which have upgraded from or previously had the 1.0 version installed.  The fix is to reset the temp folder in the Settings UI.

Thanks,

Ryan

Message 19 of 24
LyleHardin
in reply to: ryan.frenz

I finally got a chance to reset the temp folder on the laptop where the rcs was not exporting.

It works now. I just set the temp folder to Windows regular temp location ( %temp% ) and it works fine.

I did not return the temp folder to ReCap's original location.

Thanks!

I gave you a Kudos since I couldn't mark the post as a solution.... I guess only the O.P. can do that.

Lyle

Message 20 of 24
vidanom

I can help out with the Kudos part 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report