Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ReCap Pro 2014, is this included in any Design Suite package?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
ampster401
871 Views, 1 Reply

ReCap Pro 2014, is this included in any Design Suite package?

According to this cadalyst website, the Pro version is;

http://www.cadalyst.com/design-visualization/autodesk-recap-17530

Due to the problems I am having connecting to various Autodesk webpages, I am not able to confirm that.  We are trying to find out if ReCap Pro was included in either BDSP or BDSU or Infrastructure Design Suite Premium, all 2014 versions.

Also, I cannot locate any SP's, hotfixes or updates to "ReCap 2014".  I can find updates for 2015 only.

TIA

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
richiee
in reply to: ampster401

Short answer: No.

Long answer: ReCap and Recap Pro are actually the same application. ReCap Pro is an additional entitlement that you can purchase for ReCap to unlock scan-to-scan registration and survey control functionality. The Pro entitlement is not included in any suite. ReCap itself is a free download and allows you to view, edit, and publish point clouds. You can also prepare these clouds for use in other Autodesk products.

The Pro version is only required if you will be registering laser scans.

As for the 2014/2015 question, because it's a free product, we encourage everyone to stay up-to-date and always run the latest version. (They are fully backwards compatible.) This is why you won't see any updates for 2014 since the release of 2015.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report