Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ReCAP project wont display in color within Revit 2014

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jarrodbaumann7604
2066 Views, 5 Replies

ReCAP project wont display in color within Revit 2014

I have multiple point cloud projects that have been assembled and registered within ReCAP from a FARO Focus 3D with full color.  ReCAP shows the point cloud scans in color perfectly.  I can start a new project within Revit 2014 and insert the Point Cloud . rcp file however all views display the point cloud in a single grey color.  RGB settings have no affect. The loss of color really makes working with the point cloud in Revit difficult.

I then tried exporting the ReCAP project to a Unified RCS file with no improvement for the color display. (See attached screen shots from a Revit 3D view)

Anybody else experiencing these problems with Revit displaying the point cloud in RGB mode with no color?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
vidanom
in reply to: jarrodbaumann7604

This should be an indexing bug that we have addressed.

May I ask which ReCap version do you use? If it's an older one, you may need to update and reindex your scans.

http://www.autodesk.com/products/recap/free-trial

Mitko

Message 3 of 6

The current project that I am having the problem with was created and indexed with v1.2.103.6.  This is the current version I have on my laptop.

Is this the current version?

Thank you,

Jarrod

Message 4 of 6
vidanom

Can you please share your .RCP file with us and we'll try to see why this happened.

Thank you,

Mitko

Message 5 of 6
jarrodbaumann7604
in reply to: vidanom

Attached is the .RCP file for the project. Will you also need the support folder? The support folder is over 5GB.

Message 6 of 6
vidanom

Thnk you,

This should be fine for now, I'll keep you updated.

Mitko

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report