Community
ReCap Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s ReCap Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular ReCap topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete a Project?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
1842 Views, 9 Replies

Delete a Project?

I unfortunately cannot find a way to delete a project from ReCap to free up disk space in my account.

Am I overlooking a simple control in the user interface? If so, how are projects deleted?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers, Jason

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
vidanom
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I think your question is refered to ReCap Photo. If you can please copy your question to their forum below, somebody will answer your question right away.

http://feedback.autodesk.com/cloudservices/products/cloudservices_recap

Thank you

Mike

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: vidanom

I'm referring to ReCap 1.0, not ReCap Photo. It's a free standing application on my workstation that I installed rather than the Autodesk 360 cloud-based app.

I've been told that I need to manually manipulate the file structure to delete ReCap projects, and I'm having a hard time finding where the projects are being stored.

Can someone please help me delete projects from ReCap 1.0?

Thanks, Jason

Message 4 of 10
vidanom

Hi Jason,

I’m having trouble understanding what exactly you are trying to do.

When you create a project in ReCap Studio, the project file size is usually only 2MB.

If you are trying to locate the .rcs files and delete those, they are by default stored in the same folder where your native scans where. The same place from where you have imported the scans, unless you have manually written the output directory in the import screen.

Best,

Mike

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

Let's see, the issue was that I couldn't import a sizeable, 7+ GB, .pts file I had exported from FARO SCENE into ReCap 1.0.

My original goal was to utilize ReCap to index the .pts file into a .pcg file for use in Revit as the Revit indexing process is quite slow for large .pts files. I could not use ReCap for this as there wasn't enough space available in my account (I'm paraphrasing as I don't remember the exact language of the ReCap warning).

So I sought to delete projects to free up space in my account, leading to this question of how to delete ReCap projects. I am aware that ReCap saves files to disk, yet that isn't the limiting factor here as there is plenty of local disk space available. I believe ReCap talks to the Autodesk Cloud in some way that is not clear to me, and perhaps that is the limiting factor on handling large files. I really don't know. Do you know how ReCap depends on the Autodesk Cloud?

Regarding deleting projects I'm referring to the tile I clouded in the ReCap UI and shown in the attached .pdf. I want to be able to delete projects  from appearing in the list of Recent Projects. How can I do that?

Message 6 of 10
vidanom

That’s strange.

It should be not connected to the “cloud” in that way.

Can you share a screenshot with the space limit message that you are receiving?

One thing to try is: to go on A360, use the same account as the one for ReCap, open the documents and try to see if there is some unusual data that is stored.

https://360.autodesk.com/

Your second question: you can adjust the number of recent projects appearing in the settings menu, then in files tab.

And one tip when exporting: try using E57 file format when exporting from Faro Scene, you might get significant smaller file size, besides it runs much faster when importing in ReCap than the .PTS file format.

Best,

Mike

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Yes, I think my understanding of ReCap was both incomplete and flawed. I now believe that the warning I saw previously was due to not enough space available in the set temp directory, like shown in the attached image shows. I have changed my temp directory to our network location with multiple terabytes of storage and can now import large .pts files into ReCap.

I'm now using ReCap to load a 16 GB .pts file and will see if this is a faster indexing process than Revit's.

Thanks all for your help!

Cheers, Jason

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

Oh, and I'll try the .e57 file format as these .pts files and their processing time is both large and long.

Message 9 of 10
vidanom

Happy to hear that Jason,

Very good,

Enjoy the product and please continue to share any feedback.

Mike

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

Thanks Mike. And will do.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report