Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving only dimension text

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
fozzie99
340 Views, 2 Replies

moving only dimension text

In AutoCAD there is an option to do a "linear dimension" then to go back aftward and edit just the dimension numeral (text) to relocate just the number anywhere you desire.

In my QC8 the format option lets me set the numeral orientation,(None, Text in, Text above, & Text below) Is there a way in QC8 to relocate only the dimension number, after a dimension line has been defined.

I can explode the linerar dimension and move the numeral and then re-group but I loose the linear dimension properties and the dimension becomes just an entity.

I would like to keep the dimension set-up as a linear dimension but have the option to freely move the numeral in relation to the dimension line !!! Is this do-able???

Thanks, Stephen
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rsn
Participant
in reply to: fozzie99

Select the dimension....right mouse click....Entities....Dimension.....Format.

Ric Norris
Message 3 of 3
fozzie99
in reply to: fozzie99

Dear Ric,

Thanks for the reply! I knew about how to get back into the dimension format mode. What I was looking for was how to move just the numeral anywhere I wanted to place it, and I came upon the way this morning....

After creating a dimension line, if you left button double click on the dimension line it puts the dimension line entity into "edit" mode and there are small "grab points" to use for editing. The points at each end of the dimension line edit/adjust the line & dimension length, and one is centered where the dimension numeral is located. By single clicking onto this center grab point the numeral can be repositioned anywhere desired.

That's the process I was searching for..

Best Regards,
Stephen

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report