QuickCAD (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is their DDATTE equivalent in QC to view attribute/block data?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Michelle
206 Views, 4 Replies

Is their DDATTE equivalent in QC to view attribute/block data?

Hi,
I have a client who wants to import a DXF file (generated from a GPS/GIS package into QuickCad) The DXF file was generated using blocks. I know that the DDATTE command in AutoCad allows you to click on an object and view the associated attribute data - is there a similar command in QuickCAD? I don't use any CAD programs myself (GIS mainly), but people are always requesting their data in DXF formats, which frequently prove to be a nightmare to import.
Suggestions very gratefully received!
Thanks, Michelle.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Michelle

Hiya, Michelle,

In AutoSketch (and I presume QC also) you can Select any entity, and inquire
about its properties by right-clicking and choosing that function from the
short-cut menu. All the data associated with that entity is presented in a
table.

If you'd care to say exactly what data you need, someone here should be able to
tell you if it's shown there.

H

Michelle wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I have a client who wants to import a DXF file (generated from a GPS/GIS package into QuickCad) The DXF file was generated using blocks. I know that the DDATTE command in AutoCad allows you to click on an object and view the associated attribute data - is there a similar command in QuickCAD? I don't use any CAD programs myself (GIS mainly), but people are always requesting their data in DXF formats, which frequently prove to be a nightmare to import.
> Suggestions very gratefully received!
> Thanks, Michelle.
Message 3 of 5
Michelle

By properties do you mean things like colours, line width etc? (remember - I don't have this program - I'm trying to get it sorted out for him) I'll give you an example of the type of data he received:

We collect data in the field using GPS. Say we're collecting drillhole locations, as well as fixing the geographical position of each hole, we may enter details such as the name of the hole, it's depth, who drilled it etc. These are then stored as attributes with the drillhole location, which is represented by an object. The objects are coming through fine - he can see each drillhole using QuickCad. However, he can't work out how to access the stored information such as drillhole name etc. DDATTE works in Autocad - I'm guessing it's some sort of database type structure. I'll tell him to try the right click thang and get back to you if it doesn't work. Thanks for your response. (I'll also suggest he joins this discussion group - then he can do his own technical support!)

Thanks,
Michelle
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

> (I'll also suggest he joins this discussion group - then he can do his own technical support!)

I think that's wise. This question is more compex than just enquiring about an
entity. He will indeed have to access the database function for this - if it
transferred OK.

H
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Try selecting the object (hole or whatever) and then click Database | Edit
Entity Fields... to see if any of the fields you are looking for are there.
If not, they are relatively easy to add, although the data may not be there.
This database stuff is new to me, but I have been experimenting a bit. Hope
this helps.

Rich....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report