Quantity Takeoff

Valued Contributor sta
Valued Contributor
sta
Message 1 of 3 (1,054 Views)

WBS 16, 48 Div and/or Uniformat Naming Best Practice

1054 Views, 2 Replies
10-19-2012 08:09 AM

I have run into confusion amoung my projects, as my naming have not been consistent within the WBS. I would like to get this straghtened out for future projects.  Are there any suggested best practices for numbering and naming take offs?

Valued Contributor sta
Valued Contributor
sta
Message 2 of 3 (1,027 Views)

Re: WEBS 16, 48 Diva and/or Uniform Naming Best Practice

10-23-2012 09:09 AM in reply to: sta

One of the main reasons I am curious as to how others format their WEBS is that when I create a report group names do not show up and it is hard to read. See attached pictures for example: The one labeled "organized WEBS" show how I combined all of my different items into one item which will show up how I like in the report, however they are technically all separate items and I want them to be separate but under the group. The other picture labeled unorgnized WEBS shows how I originally organized a similar group with different items under one umbrella, however the report is hard to follow. Any advise would be greatly appreciated, I have a short term working format but am looking at setting up a standard for future projects. Also is how does this affect the Timberline integration (Which I am still unable to get to work)?

Valued Contributor sta
Valued Contributor
sta
Message 3 of 3 (1,016 Views)

Re: WEBS 16, 48 Diva and/or Uniform Naming Best Practice

10-24-2012 02:57 PM in reply to: sta

Attached is a picture of the description not showing up in a report because of my wbs formating. Why is this not showing up when running the report? Also the pages dont break and it is very hard to tell where one item list begins and ends.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community