Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QTO and Revit

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Mohamed_Yamani
2510 Views, 2 Replies

QTO and Revit

Hi. I am new to QTO and still I am playing with it. Till now I do not see any need for this software if I am using Revit. I tried most of the features and I found that most of the functions of QTO are found inside schedules of revit including calculated values. On contrary, I found Revit is more powerful for:

1- Takeoff composite wall items like material takeoff.

2- Fast takeoff functions since no need to take off every item separately.

For AutoCAD users, I think QTO is somehow good and efficient

So, can anyone tell me if I am wrong and why I should use this software instead of Revit?

Thanks

Mohamad Yamani

BIM Technical Manager

Kemet Corp.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

This could be a never ending discussion but the key differences are.

Integration with a 3rd party estimating system. Timberline or MC^2, or you can write some good VBA code that works wonders.

Visual Color Coded Takeoff confirmation - if its colored its counted. Possible with Revit just a bit clunky.

Qucikly arrange your takeoff items by dragging and dropping. You can do this with Revit schedules, but you need to "mark" your elements and then filter your schedule accordingly.  Not fast and not easy you always miss something and you never will be able to tell with a schedule.

2D integration and takeoff ability - you can combine model based estimating with on-screen takeoff.

Ease of use and less overwhelming.  Granted making a Revit schedule is easy, but to someone without any BIM experience will be confused.

Message 3 of 3

We want to take report of structural steel from a revit model. Can you please help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report