MotionBuilder Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s MotionBuilder Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular MotionBuilder topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

duplicating Actor

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
340 Views, 1 Reply

duplicating Actor

Hello,

I need (really, I do mean it 🙂 , and for a good reason, some complex tool being developed) to duplicate the actor mapped to optical markers: say one would map one to markers, snap and then call this function that would basically copy the actor, including proportions and orientations, so that two actors would overlap and move identically.

At the moment, all attempts to clone appear to have no effect, PY emits no bug, but MB does nothing and length of "Actors" array remains unchanged. Also, there is no constructor of FBActor that would accept existing actor as an argument.

Would anyone know if it is possible at all and how to do it? So far, I only see body parts offsets exposed, but I can't see their T, R, S at current frame... also, for every actor, when I select its body part, the viewer always says ActorBodyMesh:Hips and so on (same for every actor no matter how it is named)... I worry it is bad sign and as Actor is MB specific internal tool, it may be impossible to achieve this at all.

Any hint more than welcome!

Thanks,
Stepan

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

in MB2014, there is Samples/Character/CharacterMarkerSetFromActor.py and it seems there is some (new) way to access tranform of actor's bodyparts, however I don't see a way to set it. Well, better than nothing for my purpose, if nothing better could work.

Annoying is markerset that drives actor flawlessly actually does some very ugly things with new flexible mocap character markerset. I have yet to investigate if this flexible mocap is useful at all - hoped to use if to drive some weird skeletons such as animals, but it doesn't look that promising so far.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report