MotionBuilder Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s MotionBuilder Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular MotionBuilder topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GUI with python

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
StarkDKCR
3399 Views, 4 Replies

GUI with python

Hi I was wondering if there is any way to make a GUI with Python in motionbuilder, by that I mean create windows with buttons, labels, etc. ..Cat Very Happy

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
techvd
in reply to: StarkDKCR

Yes, there is. You can check out Python section in the SDK documentation here: http://download.autodesk.com/us/motionbuilder/sdk-documentation/index.html

There are tons of examples in the UI section that show how to create complicated GUI screens.

Message 3 of 5
Count.Zr0
in reply to: StarkDKCR

You can use QT Designer and PySide and make super-beautiful ones too. Though quite a bit more complicated, for sure.
-jason
Message 4 of 5
StepanK
in reply to: Count.Zr0

PySide applies to 2014; in earlier versions, it is perhaps possible, but with issues. I really suggest that You looked into sample scripts available in PY documentation of MoBu. It is fair to say that without some wrapper classes, writing Your own GUI is rather annoying, complicated; I spent significant time wrapping everything into much easier to use classes, which allow me to design tools much faster - unless You design many toolboxes like I do, perhaps copypaste from samples may be Your best friend.

In v2015, I noticed they say they added PyGL, so that we might use openGL, too.

Also, look at fbmenumanager in samples - easiest menu is actually the popup menu that is generally shown after a right mouse button click in MoBu, so if You need just trivial Select Option choice, this is Your best friend potentially 🙂

Regards,

Stepan

Message 5 of 5
Count.Zr0
in reply to: Count.Zr0

There's a bunch of sample Menu UI code in the PipelineConstructionSet as well.

-jason

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums