MotionBuilder Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s MotionBuilder Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular MotionBuilder topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone successful in using python in MoBu 2011?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Takichi
726 Views, 6 Replies

Anyone successful in using python in MoBu 2011?

Hi,

I installed MoBu 2011 Tryout but I'm unable to get Python working! At openening the script editor window, I get error messages: ...ImportError: No module named pyfbsdk... and ...ImportError: No module named pyfbsdk_additions...

I tried it on two computers: Win7 64 and Win7 32

Anyone was able to use Python in MoBu 2011?

Thanks in advance
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
sublist
in reply to: Takichi

Of course. Works as intended.

You must have some Installation or OS Problems here...
Message 3 of 7
Takichi

It seems it had a conflict with the Python and PyQt installed on my computers, removed both and replaced with Python 2.6.4 and PyQt 4.5.2 and everything is working.
Message 4 of 7
ekso

I have the same problem:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<MotionBuilder>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named pyfbsdk_additions

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:/Users/XXXXX/AppData/Local/Autodesk/MB2011x64/config/Python/pythonidelib.py", line 1, in <module>
import pyfbsdk
ImportError: No module named pyfbsdk

Opening Python Editor and doing import pyfbsdk also gives no module named. This is on a few weeks old install of Win7 64bits. Just tried installing Python 2.6.4 but it didn't chang anything. I will try to install PyQt, but I doubt it might make a difference.

I can't find anything on the net related to this error. Any ideas? It's kinda urgent.

Edit: reinstalling MoBu2011 did the trick. Don't know if having Python and PyQt already installed made any difference though...
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

That's a problem with your python path. Search for how to add those files/directories to your python path and you should be able to solve it that way rather than resorting to a reinstall.
Message 6 of 7
spark

That's a problem with your python path. Search for how to add those files/directories to your python path and you should be able to solve it that way rather than resorting to a reinstall.

I don't think so.

I applied the hotfix for the 64-bit version of MB 2011 and I am experiencing the same issue with being unable to run scripts (from pyfbsdk import * doesn't work).

I set the PYTHON_PATH environment variable to point to the directory containing pyfbsdk and I still get the same error.

I've contacted Autodesk support but still no word.

Anyone else?
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Did you add it to your .pth or from the python shell? Adding it from the python shell only works for that session.

http://greeennotebook.com/2010/06/how-to-change-pythonpath-in-windows-and-ubuntu/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report