MotionBuilder Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s MotionBuilder Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular MotionBuilder topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Animation Clip.Offset and MarkOut

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
438 Views, 2 Replies

Animation Clip.Offset and MarkOut

greetings,

Currently attempting Creating Animation Clips in the Story, that have Offset Start Times (FirstLoop) , whenever this value is set then the clip loops every frame appearing black in the Animation Track. If i manually set the MarkOut value to a large number then it is fixed (not looping), but setting this value through python does not affect the clip. additionally many of the other values do not seem to be affected when set in the script, (FirstLoop , LastLoop, Loop, AutoLoop etc.). the MarkOut keeps getting set to 1 frame when Offset.

is there an alternate way to set this MarkOut value, or is the way im currently setting the Offset incorrect? i've tried changing the order of setting the values but no luck.

here is example code , with attemptings to set the Offset / MarkOut:

from pyfbsdk import *
try:
lTrack = FBStoryTrack(FBStoryTrackType.kFBStoryTrackAnimation)
lTrack.Label = "Animation Track"
lAnim = "C:\example.fbx"
lClip = FBStoryClip (lAnim, lTrack, FBTime(0,0,1,0))

lClip.Loop = 0
lClip.AutoLoop = 0
lClip.OffsetEnable = 1

lClip.Start = FBTime(0,0,1,5)
lClip.Offset = FBTime(0,0,3,0)
lClip.Stop = FBTime(0,0,6,1)

lClip.FirstLoop = FBTime(0,0,0,15)
lClip.LastLoop = FBTime(0,0,20,1)

lClip.MarkOut = FBTime(1,20,20,1)

except IOError:
FBMessageBox( "Cannot Continue", "Unable to read the audio track definition file you selected or you have not selected one.", "OK", None, None )
exit

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

What version are you using? This is a bug in 2011 that is fixed in 2012. Unfortunately there was no work around I could find, other than upgrading. It just had to adjusted manually once the clip had been loaded. Even then it would often cause this error.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

ah thank you for this confirmation , we are indeed using 2011 ,
ill continue to fix manually after the running script.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report