alanwooldridge5045
Message 1 of 7 (523 Views)

Where are the templates for Spark?

523 Views, 6 Replies
09-01-2011 10:25 PM

OK could be just my install but on opening the package I get error messages:-

The default template file you have specified does not exist..... then

The path you have specified for the default family template is invalid

Under Options the Default template file path is blank and the Defail path for the family templates files is \templates

Under C:\ProgramData\Autodesk I have the RST 2012 but now also have RLT with nothing below but no Spark (Ummm which is kind of Revit LT)

Is this a UK or World install **** up on Autodesks part or just my install?

Employee
loboarch
Message 2 of 7 (512 Views)

Re: Where are the templates for Spark?

09-02-2011 05:34 AM in reply to: alanwooldridge5045

alanwooldridge5045 wrote:

OK could be just my install but on opening the package I get error messages:-

The default template file you have specified does not exist..... then

The path you have specified for the default family template is invalid

Under Options the Default template file path is blank and the Defail path for the family templates files is \templates

Under C:\ProgramData\Autodesk I have the RST 2012 but now also have RLT with nothing below but no Spark (Ummm which is kind of Revit LT)

Is this a UK or World install **** up on Autodesks part or just my install?

From your description it sounds like the install did not complete all the way or had some kind of error.  You should be seeing a number of folders at that location including the template files.  You may want to try the installation again just in case there was some kind of trouble with your during your install. 

Jeff Hanson
Sr. Subject Matter Expert
Autodesk, Revit User Experience
alanwooldridge5045
Message 3 of 7 (507 Views)

09-02-2011 08:54 AM in reply to: loboarch

Hi Jeff

There was no error report when I installed it at Home last night, I have installed it at work today and it has completed the install of the families under RLT as I expected, I will un-install and re-install at home again tonight and see how it goes.

It's really silly that it's the same file extension but not the same file format as Full Revit, what's the reason for this?

Regards

Alan

Employee
loboarch
Message 4 of 7 (443 Views)

09-12-2011 05:24 AM in reply to: alanwooldridge5045

alanwooldridge5045 wrote:

It's really silly that it's the same file extension but not the same file format as Full Revit, what's the reason for this?

The FAQ on the Spark page at labs was updated to make this a bit more clear.  Project Spark uses a newer Revit file format, it is not currently possible to open files created in Project Spark with Revit 2012.

Jeff Hanson
Sr. Subject Matter Expert
Autodesk, Revit User Experience
Valued Contributor
robincapperrcd
Message 5 of 7 (416 Views)

09-18-2011 01:06 AM in reply to: alanwooldridge5045
I got the same, no templates, and got no install error messages. If not extracted by the installer wonder if related to Admin/permissions on the account used for install? I ran the installer as admin from account which had standard permissions
- Robin.
Employee
emarcus
Message 6 of 7 (408 Views)

09-18-2011 05:23 AM in reply to: robincapperrcd

If you're experiencing this problem, could you please post:

* What operating system you're using and whether it's 32 or 64 bit

* Whether you changed the settings at install time at all (e.g. did you select only metric content or only imperial)

This will help us track the problem down.

I tried to attach the template here, but unfortunately this forum is very limited in the file sizes it will accept.  I will see what I can do to get it posted somewhere else accessible.   Sorry for the inconvenience!

Employee
emarcus
Message 7 of 7 (392 Views)

09-20-2011 05:43 AM in reply to: robincapperrcd

Hi all,

We still don't know why the content doesn't install for some people.  However, for those who are experiencing this problem, the content is now available as a separate download here:

http://labs.autodesk.com/utilities/spark/content/

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Emily

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Visit Autodesk Labs
Autodesk Labs is home for new prototypes, experiments, applications, and technologies.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community