Project Spark

Malcolangelo
Message 1 of 5 (324 Views)
Accepted Solution

Joining walls to roof

324 Views, 4 Replies
09-19-2011 05:00 AM

I have been unable to attach (extend) walls to an extruded roof, If walls are selected for the rook outline an option prompt appears to ask if you would like to join the selected walls to the roof yes no , but are cant seem to find a way to join an extruded rook to those same walls. Help please.

Employee
loboarch
Message 2 of 5 (322 Views)

Re: Joining walls to roof

09-19-2011 05:12 AM in reply to: Malcolangelo

The extruded roof behaves slightly different than a roof by footprint when walls need to be attached.  The roof made with the foot print option will offer to attach the walls to the roof.  This is not the case when a roof by extrusion is created over walls.

In order to attach walls to an extruded roof, after the roof is created, select all of the walls you would like to attach to the extruded roof.  Then on the context tab of the ribbon click the "attach top/base" button.  Now select the extruded roof.

Hope this helps solve you problem.

Jeff Hanson
Sr. Subject Matter Expert
Autodesk, Revit User Experience
Malcolangelo
Message 3 of 5 (305 Views)

Re: Joining walls to roof, Floor plans not showing in project browser.

09-20-2011 05:21 AM in reply to: loboarch

Thanks Jeff,

That worked fine.

I have another issue as well, I have 5 levels in my project the 5th being  roof level so 4  floor plans, only level 1 & 2 are showing in the browser I have walls on all 4 floor levels how do I get to show level 3 & 4 floor plans in the browser, I am having no problems drawing on each level.

Employee
loboarch
Message 4 of 5 (303 Views)

09-20-2011 05:38 AM in reply to: Malcolangelo

Malcolangelo wrote:

Thanks Jeff,

That worked fine.

I have another issue as well, I have 5 levels in my project the 5th being  roof level so 4  floor plans, only level 1 & 2 are showing in the browser I have walls on all 4 floor levels how do I get to show level 3 & 4 floor plans in the browser, I am having no problems drawing on each level.

Without seeing the project file I can't be sure, but I am going to guess the additional levels (levels 3-5) were added by making a copy of an existing level.  when this is done a new level datum is created but an associated floor plan is not.  You can tell the difference by the color of the level head in a section or elevation view.  If the level head is blue then there should be an associated plan in the project browser.  If the level head is black then it is just a datum line and no floor plan view has been created.

To create a plan view for a level that does not have one you can go to the View tab of the ribbon and select the Floor Plan tool.  This will display a dialog with all of the datums in your project that currently do not have a plan view associated.  In this dialog you can select which datums you would like to create a plan view for and click "Ok".  Now the project browser will have the plan views for the other levels.

Plan_views.png

Jeff Hanson
Sr. Subject Matter Expert
Autodesk, Revit User Experience
Malcolangelo
Message 5 of 5 (283 Views)

09-22-2011 05:23 AM in reply to: loboarch

Thanks

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Visit Autodesk Labs
Autodesk Labs is home for new prototypes, experiments, applications, and technologies.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community