Project Galileo

Contributor
CADD-Co
Message 1 of 6 (293 Views)

Tiny Towns on iPad question

293 Views, 5 Replies
02-04-2012 06:13 PM

Hi there, I had a demo last Wednesday of AIM by my vendor and Autodesk rep.

My company currently has a couple of licences for MapGuide Enterprise and we have also deployed that for other clients so pretty well versed with it. (but always keen to learn more)

I am most interested in perasuing the iPad ability but may be way off course. I can see thw Tiny Town etc online files after downloading the web plugin and that is fine.

I have also updated my iOS to the appropriate version and gone through the steps as best I can and ended up with an app on my iPad that I can click to take me to the online function (assume) but I cant see how to navigate to the trial Tiny Towns onl;ine.

Even if I use Safari to navigate to the Tiny Towns files I can't attach .

Any ideas on what I am misunderstanding??

Cheers, Peter

Employee
cjandrews22
Message 2 of 6 (277 Views)

Re: Tiny Towns on iPad question

02-09-2012 08:59 AM in reply to: CADD-Co

Hello,

I'm not completely clear on what you are trying to do.  

Project Galileo Online and Infrastructure Map Server (formerly MapGuide) are not related.

Project Galileo Online allows AIM to publish models to the Cloud, then allows a PC-based web user to view scenarios in a web browser using a plug-in (which I believe is limited to the Windows machines for now).  It also allows users to use an IPad app to view scenarios on their IPad 2.

I can't tell exactly what you're trying to do from your email.

Thanks,

Chris

Senior Product/Product Line Manger
Media and Entertainment Cloud Services
Autodesk
Employee
tomfukushima
Message 3 of 6 (274 Views)

02-09-2012 09:27 AM in reply to: CADD-Co

Hi Peter,

If you are trying to display our sample scenarios available from the the Getting Started page of the labs site, please try the following.

1) Open your iPad's Safari browser

2) Navigate to http://samplescenario.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/

3) Click on one of the buttons (e.g., Tiny Town) on the bottom half of the page

At this point the Safari browser should automatically scroll away and the Project Galileo Online App will come into view. After a minute or so (while the 16.9MB Tiny Town scenario is being downloaded and rendered) the Tiny Town scenario should display.

If the above doesn't work, perhaps a restart of the app is required.  In this case, click the home button once, then double-click the home button to bring up the list of running apps. Click and hold on the PGO app until it starts shaking and shows a (-) button, click on the (-) button to terminate the app. Try the above steps from step 1 again.

After you try the above, please tell us if a restart of the app was required. It would be good to know when people are finding they have to restart it.

The text on the sample scenarios page has been updated to hopefully make things a bit clearer.

Thanks

Tom

Tom Fukushima
Software Development Manager
ICP - IPG
Autodesk, Inc.

Contributor
CADD-Co
Message 4 of 6 (263 Views)

02-14-2012 10:10 PM in reply to: tomfukushima

Yes, that all works fine now thanks.

Just to clarify though, I have approximately 2700 buildings and streetscape/terrain of our town here and would like to be able to use it in the field via the App. (currently in both dwg and max format)

Do I need to 'compile' it first or is it only a matter of exporting to a format from AIMS that iPad can read?

Cheer, Peter

Contributor
CADD-Co
Message 5 of 6 (261 Views)

02-14-2012 10:15 PM in reply to: CADD-Co

Ok, now I see it after reading Chris's response again.

"Project Galileo Online allows AIM to publish models to the Cloud, then allows a PC-based web user to view scenarios in a web browser using a plug-in (which I believe is limited to the Windows machines for now).  It also allows users to use an IPad app to view scenarios on their IPad 2."

I guess that is what TestFlight is for on my iPad. cheers and thanks for the responses.

Employee
tomfukushima
Message 6 of 6 (257 Views)

02-15-2012 08:05 AM in reply to: CADD-Co

Thanks, glad that you got it working.

Re TestFlight: Because our iPad app is not released on the Apple app store, it cannot be installed on all iPads.  Instead, we have to register each iPad device one by one in the app. So if you are able to somehow download the app onto another (non-jailbroken) iPad that has not been registered, the app will not run due to checks that Apple has in place. TestFlight is a very nice service that allows us to get the information about your iPad so that we can register it with our app and then get you a build.

Cheers

Tom

Tom Fukushima
Software Development Manager
ICP - IPG
Autodesk, Inc.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Visit Autodesk Labs
Autodesk Labs is home for new prototypes, experiments, applications, and technologies.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community