Project Falcon

Employee
JeanFlower
Message 1 of 2 (113 Views)

Velocity getting very large

113 Views, 1 Replies
09-02-2013 10:51 AM

I am using Falcon for the first time today, in Inventor.  I load in a model and start up the Falcon environment. I change the flow direction using the dial.  Things look OK for a while, then the flow lines start to exhibit odd behaviour.  They seem to follow my mouse (I move the mouse but do not click on anything).  Finally Inventor hangs.  I notice that the velocity is enormous.

Are my mouse actions somehow influencing the velocity?

I recorded an avi but it's 45MB.  Find attached a sequence of screenshots to give an idea what I'm doing.

Employee
hartogj
Message 2 of 2 (75 Views)

Re: Velocity getting very large

09-25-2013 11:54 PM in reply to: JeanFlower

Thanks for the pdf, that was helpful in getting a sense of the process.

It looks like you are seeing a divergence, which may be due to the size of the fluid domain relative to the object. If flow is exiting the domain in what is really an active wake region, that could cause the behavir you are seeing.

A suggestion would be to re-size the domain if you use extreme variation (90 degrees, for example) in wind direction. There are guidelines for wind tunnel sizing in the help system, which you can access through the Falcon ribbon in Inventor.

Jon

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Visit Autodesk Labs
Autodesk Labs is home for new prototypes, experiments, applications, and technologies.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community