Project Falcon

Message 1 of 2 (242 Views)

Project Falcon for Revit Wish List

242 Views, 1 Replies
12-21-2012 10:57 AM

My apologies if this thread has already been created, but here are some wish list items I came up with for the next update to Project Falcon for Revit Architecture:

• Pause/Play simulation option to adjust settings faster
  • Dynamic flow lines in 3D - similar to Vasari/Ecotect Wind Tunnel
  • Ability to rotate XZ and YZ axis plane relative to model
  • Unit conversion options (mph, km/h)
  • Customizable comfort range and ratings associated with probe readings
  • Save view settings option (i.e. domain size and plane position lock)
  • Transparency option for simulation plane
  • Prevent domain size from resetting when something is changed in the view (ex: visibility settings, hide/show, graphic display, crop view...etc) - this is VERY annoying
  • Option to export animation of simulation
  • Create time period wind direction/speed presets based on weather file data and project location/orientation (ex: Dallas-Fort Worth, TX USA - Spring Season, Daily Average = 12.4 mph @ 178 deg)

Glitches:

• Simulation plane will start showing "waves" of wind velocity that don't correlate to the model geometry
  • Revit will freeze up during alterations to settings (i.e. 2D to 3D simulation, Plane Orientation, etc)
  • Zooming in on simulation plane - the colors become darker for some reason and don't match the legend colors

Overall, I appreciate the integration within the Revit environment, but the tool has its limitations.  In general, I'd like to see more customization options and improvements to performance.

Thanks,

Justin

Board Manager
Message 2 of 2 (187 Views)

Re: Project Falcon for Revit Wish List

01-15-2013 09:09 AM in reply to: jdowhower

Thank you for the wish list. We can consider it as we move forward.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Visit Autodesk Labs
Autodesk Labs is home for new prototypes, experiments, applications, and technologies.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community