Project Falcon

Employee
JeanFlower
Message 1 of 2 (109 Views)

Orientation button disabled?

109 Views, 1 Replies
09-02-2013 10:31 AM

Hello. I'm using Falcon in Inventor. I would like to use the "Front (XY)" button.  I expect this to switch the air flow to go along a different axis.  The button is disabled.  How do I enable it?

Employee
hartogj
Message 2 of 2 (85 Views)

Re: Orientation button disabled?

09-26-2013 12:01 AM in reply to: JeanFlower

Hi

That button refers to the orientation of a slice plane if you have one present in the model. When you are showing flow lines or particles, changing the orientation of the plane shouldn't affect anything in the model. It should be grayed out.

Currently there is only a 3D directional control for the air flow. This is the compass and it is set in a fixed plane. If you need to change the orientation, for now there are two options:

1) Re-orient the CAD (make a master level assembly and you can re-orient however you like)

2) Use Falcon standalone instead of the embedded versions

Admittedly, neither of these is ideal. We are looking into some reorientation options in the future.

Jon

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Visit Autodesk Labs
Autodesk Labs is home for new prototypes, experiments, applications, and technologies.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community