Project Falcon

omgitsjoelski
Message 1 of 4 (6,460 Views)
Accepted Solution

Need to change direction of flow lines.

6460 Views, 3 Replies
12-05-2013 05:32 PM

If you look at the picture I have attatched, you can see the flow lines are going to the side of my car, not the front. I need them to be coming from the front. I read the other thread about this but I didn't find anything other than 'dragging the plane' but I couldn't seem to figure out what the person ment by that. I'm using the latest falcon install that goes w/ Inventor Professional 2014. I'm using 'Autodesk Inventor Professional 2014 Build:170 - STUDENT VERSION.

Employee
ryan.arnaudin
Message 2 of 4 (6,456 Views)

Re: Need to change direction of flow lines.

12-05-2013 05:48 PM in reply to: omgitsjoelski
Dragging and/or positioning the plane would be applicable if you were were looking at shaded or vector results on a plane, but you are looking at flow lines. Since the flow direction control is limited to the XY plane and your model is along Z it will probably be easiest if you go back to the Inventor environment and realign your model such that the body is aligned in the X-direction. If you don't want to modify the original file you can just create a new assembly and place this part/assembly from there. Being able to quickly and precisely change wind direction is one thing that we've heard a lot of feedback on, so we hope to be able to make this process less of a headache in the future.
omgitsjoelski
Message 3 of 4 (6,447 Views)

12-05-2013 07:20 PM in reply to: omgitsjoelski

I'll try that tomorrow. All I should need to do is go into an assembly file and add the car, then it should let me rotate as needed?

omgitsjoelski
Message 4 of 4 (6,433 Views)

12-06-2013 05:43 AM in reply to: ryan.arnaudin

Tried it earlier. It worked.

Thanks,

Joel

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Visit Autodesk Labs
Autodesk Labs is home for new prototypes, experiments, applications, and technologies.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community