Project Falcon

Contributor
alan.sanchez
Message 1 of 4 (427 Views)

Ground Plane

427 Views, 3 Replies
02-08-2013 11:22 AM

Is there a way to change the ground plane? I can't seem to choose the direction of the flow other than on the standard ground plane. Im using the falcon add-in for inventor professional 2013.

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2013
atleee
Message 2 of 4 (417 Views)

Re: Ground Plane

02-12-2013 02:58 AM in reply to: alan.sanchez

I'm also wondering about this. Can I move the compass to another plane? The way it is now I can only have wind in the XY-plane and I want to see how wind from the front will affect my model, not from the sides/top/bottom  :smileyhappy:

Employee
hartogj
Message 3 of 4 (392 Views)

02-21-2013 06:53 PM in reply to: alan.sanchez

Hi Alan

There is not a way (currently) to re-orient the ground plane relative to the model inside Inventor. It was discussed within the team early on but did not make it into release. Thanks for letting us know there is interest.

For now the options are

1) re-orient the Inventor model. a simple way to do this is creating a new master level assembly model and changing orientation there.

2) use Falcon standalone, which allows you to flip/rotate the geometry by 90deg increments.

Contributor
ElderOne
Message 4 of 4 (379 Views)

03-01-2013 12:57 PM in reply to: hartogj

I expect there is much more to be added before Falcon makes it to RTM. Changing the model orientation must be one of those features. The ability to change the angle of attack of anything related to aircraft is essential and it must be in at least 0.1 degree increments.  This software, if at all reasonably priced, will enjoy a very large following and consequent sales within the RC models community. For that it also will need to be available in the stand alone version. If it is less than $100 I will buy it. I know that many of my friends on a machining forum will too. I have already demonstrated it to them. It's a shame that the beta ends so soon. Many are anxious to try it.

Attached is a test for rudder blanking on a space shuttle replacement.

Felix, qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Visit Autodesk Labs
Autodesk Labs is home for new prototypes, experiments, applications, and technologies.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community