Project Falcon

calmojuela
Message 1 of 2 (162 Views)

Falcon - Minimum distance between two objects

162 Views, 1 Replies
02-06-2013 05:18 AM

What is the minimum distance between two objects until Falcon determines the gap is a solid object? I saw the example videos that showed models as large as a building and as small as a car. If the scale does not matter, if I put two rectangular towers next to each other how close can I put them until the air flow stops flowing between them?

Employee
hartogj
Message 2 of 2 (149 Views)

Re: Falcon - Minimum distance between two objects

02-21-2013 07:01 PM in reply to: calmojuela

This depends more on the resolution than the absolute dimensions of the geometry.

With lower resolution, the individual mesh elements will be large relative to passageways. At a certain point, they will consider a narrow gap to be essentially closed.

With higher resolution, relatively small gaps can be captured by the mesh and flow will move through.

You can view the plane as a grid or array of points to get a sense of the mesh resolution (note this visualization option isn't yet available in the Revit plugin)

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Visit Autodesk Labs
Autodesk Labs is home for new prototypes, experiments, applications, and technologies.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community