Community
Maya Programming
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya SDK topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up PyQt in Maya 2015?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mike
1886 Views, 4 Replies

Setting up PyQt in Maya 2015?

Hey Guys,

I am transitioning our department into Maya from Softimage. I want to use PyQT for all my scripts. I tried to follow the documentation for configuring PyQt for Maya but it is incomplete and cryptic. 

Does anyone know how to do this ?? Being new to Maya I need a step-by-step breakdown.

I am a bit concerned about blowing up my current Python Environment ... but really need to get started converting our pipeline.

Thanks so much. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
zhong.wu
in reply to: mike

Glad that you are on Maya pipeline, and we will try our best to make your transition smoothly.

For the PyQt setting up, please go through the following blog for PyQt4 build setup.

http://around-the-corner.typepad.com/adn/2014/04/building-sip-and-pyqt-for-maya-2015.html

Hope that helps.

Message 3 of 5
GoodCoffee
in reply to: zhong.wu

Hi!

I've got the same problem, I tried to follow the instruction from your link, but I stuck since days and don't know what to do anymore...
I am working with Windows 7 and Maya 2015.

First I downloaded the modified QT Version for Maya and tried to follow the instruction which is inside.
My first problem here is: What is "d:\qt\4.8.5-64"? Where does this folder comes from?
And the next thing: openssl-1.0.1c - do I have to download this, or is it included somewhere?

I desided to download openssl-1.0.1c from openssl.org, but inside I just found the subfolder "include", while "x64" is missing.

Also I dont know what to do with this line:
configure.exe [your normal options] -openssl -I <path to the OpenSSL includes> -L <path to the OpenSSL libraries>

I guess I should type it into the Visual Studio developer command prompt, but what should I type in instead of the placeholders?
I could imagine, that I have to replace “path to the OpenSSL includes” with (in my case) “C:\qt\openssl-1.0.1c\include”, but I’m not sure and the other two are still a mystery…

And finally - where do I find the "Jom"-Tool? Nokias Qt SDK 2010.05 seems do be an *.exe file. Should I download an run it?

Next thing is to build SIP and PyQT.
I downloaded and unziped the files "PyQt-win-gpl-4.11.2.zip" and "sip-4.16.3.zip" in one folder named “SIP and PyQT”. Now it looks like that:
C:\SIP and PyQT\PyQt-win-gpl-4.11.2
C:\SIP and PyQT\sip-4.16.3

What have I to do with these folder? Laying around could not be everything...
I guess the lines that can be found in your instruction under “Build & Install SIP” and “Build & Install PyQT” should be typed into the Visual Studio developer-command-prompt – is this right?

Big sorry for this long message, I really hope you got the time to help me.
I wrote an even more detailed problem report - I can send it to you in a pm if you want.

Message 4 of 5
in reply to: zhong.wu

how that DOS file configured ???I really confused about that!!!someone told me maya 2015 or later cant use pyqt anymore!!!

Message 5 of 5
zhong_wu
in reply to: 1171329668

Really sorry for the confusion, we have just released the latest version of PyQt building instruction for Maya 2018 at http://around-the-corner.typepad.com/adn/2017/09/how-to-build-pyqt5-for-autodesk-maya-2018-64bit-.ht... , I will also notify my colleague who made this to check and response to your issue. 

John Wu
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report